Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 LastLast
    If you mean third party apps (of course, most of the native palm apps like memo/calendar ....er...the actual phone part, are useful ):

FileZ
    Documents To Go
    Convertor
    MedCalc
    PMind
    SoundRec
    No particular order:

TCPMP
    Docs2Go
    ZLauncher
    Chatter
    pTunes
    Picsel
    Agendus Pro
    KMaps
    Reviving this thread with a question:

Agendus vs. Datebook??? Who has used both on the Treo? Any stability problems?
    Agendus offcourse.
    Datebk5
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster

Used both, prefer Agendus.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    Datebk5
    Did you install Datebook to the card? Does that effect how it works? I'm surprised more apps don't talk about the effects of installing to the card vs. the internal memory.
    1. Zlauncher w/ Katana Back Image and Aqua skin

2. Ptunes Deluxe W/ Cool Water skin

3. HandZipper lite
    4.Handmark Express
    5. Backup Buddy Pro
    6. Voice Memo
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com

Used both on the Treo 600. Haven't experienced instability issues with either. Agendus Standard got my money and continues to be one of my most used applications. I recall reading threads on this well-posted topic (Agendus versus Datebook) about the mail app in Agendus Pro conflicting with people's Treo's. Not sure if that will be an issue for you or not. Do a search on that specific possible problem to learn more. And if you need a feature side-by-side comparison, I've found this link to be helpful (although its somewhat dated now): http://tech.hernandez5.net/html/datebk5_vs_agendus.html
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Did you install Datebook to the card? Does that effect how it works? I'm surprised more apps don't talk about the effects of installing to the card vs. the internal memory.
    never had it on the card.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    One thing I like about datebk5 is that it can handle 32k (instead of standard 4K) memo and note sizes on the Treo 650.

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/whatsnewinversion54a.htm

I do not see any indication of this on the agendus release notes:

http://www.iambic.com/agenduspro/palmos/whatsnew.asp

Is this true, 32k for datebk5 and 4k for agendus, or can some agendus user prove me wrong?
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 08/21/2005 at 03:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Agendus DOES NOT HAVE A TIMEZONE feature. Datebk does. If you travel or need to track timezones properly, this is an essential feature that is missing from Agendus. I like the graphical interface of Agendus, but for those that actually use their datebook for business I would definitely recommend Datebk5.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

I am just waiting for Iambic to update Agendus to be able to see the pictures in the standard phone book, so that all pictures will not need to be duplicated on both programs in order to get caller id pix. can anyone tell me if this might be fixed or maybe it is already?

Right now i am a datebk5 user.

Thanks.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by dimensiondvdrob
    I am just waiting for Iambic to update Agendus to be able to see the pictures in the standard phone book, so that all pictures will not need to be duplicated on both programs in order to get caller id pix. can anyone tell me if this might be fixed or maybe it is already?

Right now i am a datebk5 user.

Thanks.
    The existing version of agendus 9.04 shows the pics in contactbook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    The existing version of agendus 9.04 shows the pics in contactbook.
    Ok, so this means that the pictures already stored in the Treo's BUILT-IN contact phonebook will show up in Agendus' contact records, making having to store a picture in Agendus and contacts unnecessary now. Is this correct?

I am asking because the only version of Agendus I've tried required me to store a picture in Agendus that was not seen by the default phonebook (conacts) and could not be used for caller ID pix.

Let me know if I am correct. If this is doing what I think it's doing, I will have to upgrade my Agendus license and start using Agendus again!

Thanks!
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34
    Agendus DOES NOT HAVE A TIMEZONE feature. Datebk does. If you travel or need to track timezones properly, this is an essential feature that is missing from Agendus. I like the graphical interface of Agendus, but for those that actually use their datebook for business I would definitely recommend Datebk5.
    Both of these applications do not correctly process Outlook meeting requests when the originator of the meeting request is in a different Timezoe than your Treo. The times of the meeting will showup in your Treo as the time in the Origination timezone. Thus you will miss your meeting. I know this problem exists is you are using the Active Sync feature in VersaMail. Not sure if the problem exists if you use a HotSync conduit.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by dimensiondvdrob
    Ok, so this means that the pictures already stored in the Treo's BUILT-IN contact phonebook will show up in Agendus' contact records, making having to store a picture in Agendus and contacts unnecessary now. Is this correct?
    Not on mine. Still need to add it to Agendus (using 9.06)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Z Launcher
    Chatter
    Volume Care
    Butler
    Documents To Go
    Lightwav
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Not on mine. Still need to add it to Agendus (using 9.06)
    Thanks Insertion! This is good for me to know, because I will be a Datebk5 user until this is adjusted in Agendus.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Both of these applications do not correctly process Outlook meeting requests when the originator of the meeting request is in a different Timezoe than your Treo. The times of the meeting will showup in your Treo as the time in the Origination timezone. Thus you will miss your meeting. I know this problem exists is you are using the Active Sync feature in VersaMail. Not sure if the problem exists if you use a HotSync conduit.
    In the PalmOne supplied Outlook conduit you can switch off timezone support. This will ensure the meeting appears at the right time for your PC's or PDA's native timezone (I forget which).

Not ideal, but effective. Really wish PalmOne had been a little more forthcoming about this new API before releasing their products.

Matt