Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Been using Bonsai for a while and it is a gem -- not many cons. Natara maintains a support forum for all of their products which ought to give you a good idea of the types of things users are talking about.

I also love Natara's DayNotez and use it on a daily basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    Been using Bonsai for a while and it is a gem -- not many cons. Natara maintains a support forum for all of their products which ought to give you a good idea of the types of things users are talking about.

I also love Natara's DayNotez and use it on a daily basis.

Tks for the info. Maybe I'll give it a go.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    My SIX favorites:

1. ProfileCare
    2. Directory Assistant
    3. iPedia (gotta have this on your phone)
    4. TakePhone
    5. VolumeCare
    6. Hi-Launcher (I also use LauncherX)
    6b. Verichat (should be higher on list based on amount of time used)
    6c. TCPMP
    6d. Lightwav
    6e. LSU Ringtones

EDIT:
    I forgot about-
    6f. Quick Install (this is a must have app- saves so much time)
    Last edited by digitalfx; 07/03/2005 at 01:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Bsosai looks great but expensive. I know the pros but any cons you can post?
    Tks
    Bonsai is worth every dollar for me. The desktop component is very good, and the integration with the to-do list (especially if you use Datebk5 and take advantage of the back2bonsai tool that's now included with the distro) is amazing.

It's not an understatement to say that I got my T650 because I needed a new palmOS PDA that would work with my use of Bonsai. If it weren't for that program, I probably would have gone Linux or considered PPC.
    Tks for the info Trager. I downloaded the trial but have yet to install it(busy doing 4 of July stuff).
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    BackupMan - backs up to card every morning before I get out of bed
    Softick Card Export - move backups, MP3's and other files to PC
    pTunes - why buy an Ipod?
    QuickOffice - this is fantastic suite - take a Word .doc with you, edit it, email it, pass
    Excel sheets back & forth, maintain Excel based db's right on your Treo - I keep track of what DVD's I've bought, my blood sugar, consulting hours
    et cetera et cetera
    TreOffOn - phone turns on at 7:30 AM, turns off at 9 PM, turns off that damn blinking
    light and more
    FileZ - been on every Palm I've ever had
    Nokia 6340+(M100-> M130)->Treo600->Treo680
    1. BackupMan
    2. Converter
    3. Cleanup
    4. Documents To Go
    5. ListPro
    6. Money
    7. PdaReach
    8. PdaNet
    9. Phone Technician
    10. SmartList
    11. TreoAlarm
    12. Uninstall Manger

Well, that's not 6 but DOUBLE the fun..

Judge..
    --------------
    The Judge
    Houston, Tx.
    Other than the built ins...

1. Chatter
    2. Verichat
    3. Vindigo
    4. Datebk5
    5. Zlauncher
    6. MyBible
    1) Avantgo
    2) Splash Wallet
    3) Docs To Go
    4) TCPMP
    5) KeyCaps650
    6) RFBackup
    Can you help me? As a Beginner, I have a I.0 gig. card in my treo 650, but haven't a clue how to load apps into it and vice versa. I worry about my memory being depleted with all the apps. I would love to have after seeing all your lists.

So how does one get apps. onto the card or out of the card.
    I downloaded the hellomoto ringer into the card but don't know how to get the phone to ring that tune.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I love this thread!

Launcher X - mostly just to soft reset without taking the battery out. Also move apps to SD card.
    Vindigo - great if you live in a major city or travel a lot. I've found so many great restaurants with this in New York.
    TCPMP - The best video player
    Pocket Tunes Deluxe
    Volume Care
    Backup Buddy VFS - Have a backup on the SD card

I kept my list at six.
    SoundRec
    TCPMP
    PTunes
    SoundOff
    NesEm
    Dir Assist
    OpenChess
    BOTH Resco Products

But I think the number one app would have to go to Wassdat! I can't believe you people haven't been gettin' down with "Wassdat"!!

I didn't keep my list at six...It was tough to narrow my list down to 10!!
    I've owned a Palm OS device since back in the day and this is my 2nd Treo type device. Some apps just HAVE to be installed first thing:
    1. Agendus Pro
    2. Splash Money
    3. DirAssist
    4. AOL
    And recently added to the list:
    5. Voice Dial
    6. Volume Care
    Now, for profession specific apps:
    1. Tarascon (Epocrates on other Palms but it's a memory hog on the Treo)
    2. Davis IV Drug Guide
    3. ER Suite
    4. RN-Emergency
    5. Med Calc
    6. Text Twist (for a slow night in the trauma room)
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
    My top 6 must haves are:

1. Agendus Pro
    2. Zlauncher
    3. BackupBuddyVFS
    4. Verichat
    5. Snappermail
    6. VolumeCare

..but my must haves go beyond 6.

7. Documents To Go
    8. RepliGo
    9. Passwords Plus
    10. LJP
    11. UDMH
    My favorite 6 (in no order):

Volumecare - it rocks and really pumps up the volume of the 650
    Backupman
    Filez
    Ringo Pro - handles my personalized ringtones perfectly
    WorldMate Pro
    Twilight - keeps the keyboard lights off during the day
    Samsung SCH3500 - Sanyo 4900 - Samsung I500 - Treo 650, and loving it!!!
    I can't believe "VolKeys" doesn't rate a mention. It the ONLY app that will let you scoll page up, page down. eg Applications, Info screen - Palm out of the box & with Butler - you still have to use stylus to scoll - except with VolKeys loaded!
    What do you you mean by using the stylus to scroll with Butler? I just scroll with the side volume keys, no problem.
    I mean scolling with Bulter, gives you the same action as the 5Way up/down...line by line eg. Memo. Or in the case of some dialogs - nothing no scrolling eg. try in Applications Info to see this.

VolKeys - gives you Page up, Page Down & will scroll in any dialog box. Also turns on Option+5Way Up/Down gives you page up page down & scrolling in dialog boxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Sydney
    I mean scolling with Bulter, gives you the same action as the 5Way up/down...line by line eg. Memo. Or in the case of some dialogs - nothing no scrolling eg. try in Applications Info to see this.

VolKeys - gives you Page up, Page Down & will scroll in any dialog box. Also turns on Option+5Way Up/Down gives you page up page down & scrolling in dialog boxes.
    Butler does exactly what I want it to do...I'm getting confused by your wording. But, VolKeys sure doesn't switch between most recent apps, does it?? Butler does. I can't believe I've had this phone for 7 months and haven't bought Butler 'til now. I'm adding it to my MUST HAVE list...so, now I'm at 11.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Butler does exactly what I want it to do...I'm getting confused by your wording. But, VolKeys sure doesn't switch between most recent apps, does it?? Butler does. I can't believe I've had this phone for 7 months and haven't bought Butler 'til now. I'm adding it to my MUST HAVE list...so, now I'm at 11.
    I have had my T650 a while myself and haven't tried Butler because of all the "Butler causes my Treo to Crash" posts. Has something changed recently to increase Butler's stability??
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650