Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Any recomendations for a call manger program to tell how many minutes you have left? How many calls you made to certain contacts, etc? I used to have something like that on my 300
    Mods, this thread should really be stickied. It's a disservice to the board that it's not, actually. It would save a lot of "Which programs should I get?" noob posts.

Anyway, here's mine:

Vindigo The first money I spent on software for my Palm, years back. Haven't regretted it once. It's a Yellow Pages, movie & restaurant/review finder, bar/club/show/museum and even bathroom finder; it even has maps. No wireless connection necessary.

ZLauncher My favorite launcher. Moves/runs apps to/from card, pop up menus, infinitely configurable.

Butler My God, this program should be part of the OS. I read about it here, so I won't go into details.

KeyCaps650 Ditto.

SunAngle My work requires me to know where the sun is at all times.

PasswordWallet Passwords, bank/credit card info etc. All in a Mac/Palm syncable package? Bring it!
    Here's my list...

1) Agendus Pro 9.05 - I've been using DateBk5, which is a respectable product, but Agendus' contacts feature sealed the deal for me.
    2) Docs2Go - It seems to be the culprit for some of my soft resets, but I can't find my CD to get the free upgrade!! :-( Still love the product, though...
    3) PDF Reader - it's FREE and I can read PDF docs...
    4) Ringo - MP3 as ringtones!!!
    5) SplashWallet - all great apps, but need to check to see HOW secure SplashID really is (I tend to lose things...alot)
    6) Chattermail - I haven't been able to try it's 'push' capability, but alright. This will probably get replaced by Snappermail2.

These apps I'll probably get in the near future...
    1) PocketTunes Deluxe - as soon as I get that 1GB card
    Crypto
    m100 -> Tungsten W -> Treo 650 -> Treo 750

"Popeyes is the shizzznit!!!"
    My new must-have app is VolumeCare !! Now my volume is noticeably louder while on a phone call, and I can hear the other person on a noisy street on the internal earpiece now!

If you want louder volume, check out:

http://www.gotreosoftware.com/module...tle=VolumeCare
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptodevice
    Here's my list...

1) Agendus Pro 9.05 - I've been using DateBk5, which is a respectable product, but Agendus' contacts feature sealed the deal for me.
    2) Docs2Go - It seems to be the culprit for some of my soft resets, but I can't find my CD to get the free upgrade!! :-( Still love the product, though...
    5) SplashWallet - all great apps, but need to check to see HOW secure SplashID really is (I tend to lose things...alot)
    6) Chattermail - I haven't been able to try it's 'push' capability, but alright. This will probably get replaced by Snappermail2.

Can you be more specific as to what product you are using to view PDF's?

Thanks.
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    Quote Originally Posted by csherman
    Can you be more specific as to what product you are using to view PDF's?

Thanks.
    Adobe Reader for Palm OS (v3.05)
    http://www.adobe.com/products/acroba...erforpalm.html
    Crypto

That's what I figured. I was hoping that someone finally released one that doesn't depend on it being converted on your desktop. Oh well.... :-(
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I have to add something to my original list.

Initiate, what a great app.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    Agendus
    Snapper
    TakePhone
    2day
    Picsel Browser
    Ptunes
    MVT, are you on T-Mobile?
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    I love these posts, I always, always find something new to check out....Hmmm, my 6...OK

Pocket Quicken, to keep my limited funds straight
    LauncherX, to organize my organiser
    MemoSafe, to keep my secrets
    BackupBuddyVFS, to safeguard my data
    Directory Assistance, to copy the local pizza place number to my phone
    Resco Explorer, to keep things where I want them

Awww, shucks, I ran out of numbers, but I have more I couldn't do without.... We need a thread titled 100 applications you couldn't do without....

Cheers
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    Quote Originally Posted by csherman
    That's what I figured. I was hoping that someone finally released one that doesn't depend on it being converted on your desktop. Oh well.... :-(
    It doesn't convert it. Once I installed it on the 650, I emailed myself a PDF file and it opened in the reader. Didn't need the desktop to convert it, but it does install a desktop component.
    Crypto

Am I the only one who uses Splash Money that came with the TREO 600. Moved it to the 650 and kept right on going. Never went to quicken. What would it add.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    Am I the only one who uses Splash Money that came with the TREO 600. Moved it to the 650 and kept right on going. Never went to quicken. What would it add.
    I use the latest version of SplashMoney and find it invaluable.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ

I don't think using Pocket Quicken over Splash Money adds anything. I just have always used quicken, then pocket quicken with it.

IMO, it is like a Ford/Chevy, Apple/PC, Palm/PocketPC, KFC/Popeyes deal. You just pick the one you are happy with...

They both do mostly the same things.

Cheers
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    On the Iambic (Agendus) website their utilities bundle has a call manager that will tell you all that stuff.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wolf
    Any recomendations for a call manger program to tell how many minutes you have left? How many calls you made to certain contacts, etc? I used to have something like that on my 300
    Try Minutes Plus
    http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/

Cheers,
    Jacob H.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    It doesn't convert it. Once I installed it on the 650, I emailed myself a PDF file and it opened in the reader. Didn't need the desktop to convert it, but it does install a desktop component.
    That doesn't work for me. I wonder if it only works for certain types of PDFs?

-Jacob
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Here's my list...

Which contact feature are you talking about in Agendus? I am still trying to decide between Datebook5 and Agendus Standard.

Thanks,
    Jacob
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    You know, it might make sense to stick the Six Applications You cannot live without (or perhaps rename it as bit more descriptive).