Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Say Cheese
    Could you guys recommend me an app that would do anniversary and birthday reminder

Thanks
    the built in calendar can do this. u can set the birthday in the contacts field and anniversary mark the calendar and tell it to repeat yearly.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Thanks, can you tell I'm a newbie
    Imagine my arrogance thinking I was the only one who thought of being helpful and totalling up the number of votes so people don't have to read 13 pages of blogs. Unfortunately I didn't realize anyone else had done it until I was halfway through (could have saved an hour), so here is a count from post 1 to post 242. I just totalled up all the ones I could recognize without regard to how many times people voted. I combined all versions of one program where I recognized it and left in descriptions if I thought they were good and concise for something that wasn't obvious. Number of votes I counted are listed. I did not list apps that recieved only one or two votes. Did not combine things with similar but different names like all the Splash products. Enjoy!

PocketTunes Deluxe 38
    Directory Assistant 31
    Zlauncher 29
    Snappermail 26
    Verichat 21
    Agendus 18
    Chatter 18
    Docs to Go 18
    Filez 17
    KeyCaps650 16
    Butler (alarms, launcher) 13
    Uninstall Manager 13
    Backupman 11
    PowerRun 11
    splash I'd 11
    Card Export II 10
    Launcher X 10
    MMplayer 10
    TakePhone 9
    Backup Buddy 8
    eReader 8
    TCP Free media player 8
    2day 7
    Express 7
    Datebook 5 6
    Kinoma Player 6
    splashmoney 6
    Treo Alarm 6
    Blazer 5
    LEDOff 5
    TreoGuard 5
    Audible 4
    AvantGo 4
    Bob's Alarm 4
    eWallet 4
    Flight Status 4
    KB Lights off 4
    PXA Clocker Speed up DBs 4
    SplashPhoto 4
    Versa Mail 4
    Xiino 4
    Causerie Messanger 3
    HanDBase 3
    TodayPlus 3
    Tom Tom Navigator 2004. 3
    Vindigo 3
    Voice Dial 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dheymann
    Imagine my arrogance thinking I was the only one who thought of being helpful and totalling up the number of votes so people don't have to read 13 pages of blogs. Unfortunately I didn't realize anyone else had done it until I was halfway through (could have saved an hour), so here is a count from post 1 to post 242. I just totalled up all the ones I could recognize without regard to how many times people voted. I combined all versions of one program where I recognized it and left in descriptions if I thought they were good and concise for something that wasn't obvious. Number of votes I counted are listed. I did not list apps that recieved only one or two votes. Did not combine things with similar but different names like all the Splash products. Enjoy!

PocketTunes Deluxe 38
    Directory Assistant 31
    Zlauncher 29
    Snappermail 26
    Verichat 21
    Agendus 18
    Chatter 18
    Docs to Go 18
    Filez 17
    KeyCaps650 16
    Butler (alarms, launcher) 13
    Uninstall Manager 13
    Backupman 11
    PowerRun 11
    splash I'd 11
    Card Export II 10
    Launcher X 10
    MMplayer 10
    TakePhone 9
    Backup Buddy 8
    eReader 8
    TCP Free media player 8
    2day 7
    Express 7
    Datebook 5 6
    Kinoma Player 6
    splashmoney 6
    Treo Alarm 6
    Blazer 5
    LEDOff 5
    TreoGuard 5
    Audible 4
    AvantGo 4
    Bob's Alarm 4
    eWallet 4
    Flight Status 4
    KB Lights off 4
    PXA Clocker Speed up DBs 4
    SplashPhoto 4
    Versa Mail 4
    Xiino 4
    Causerie Messanger 3
    HanDBase 3
    TodayPlus 3
    Tom Tom Navigator 2004. 3
    Vindigo 3
    Voice Dial 3
    Oxford Dictionary (surprised it's not on here)
    Handy Shopper (surprised more people don't use this)
    Holy Smokes, I wish I had that much time on my hands!
    Appreciate what you did though.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    man o man.....you need to get out more !! lol
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I'm a new Treo user (getting my 650 on Friday, Sprint). I'm also a serious techie. Basically, what I'm looking for is a short-list of must have utilities. What are some favorites? Let's say your Treo got snatched and your computer blew up leaving you with no sync available. You get yourself a shiny new Treo and then....what?

P.S. I've got a 1GB memory card, so storage shouldn't be *too* much of an issue, thought I'm a true believer in lean and mean over bloat.
    Oh no. Prepare to be blasted by people telling you you should have a done a search first. Spend sometime looking around the various threads. This has been beaten to death. You will always find something cool, both work and fun related. Pocket tunes deluxe is my only have to have.
    hehe, I was expecting that. I've been browsing quite a bit but the amount of information is staggering. I'm basically looking for a starting point. I've already found a few utilities that I know I'm going to check out.
    Here's a few:

2day
    4cast
    Acid Image Pro
    Backupman
    Bob's Alarm
    Datavis Tech Tool to move Docs to Go to the card
    Directory Assistant
    Filez
    Pocket Tunes
    Snappermail
    Splash ID
    Treohelper
    Zlauncher
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Oh, and welcome to Treocentral.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    There is one thread about 6 must haves. Almost every program known is listed on there somewhere. Look for something to let you toggle off your keyboard lights. Check your operating system when you get it. Probably has the latest but if not update it before you start loading everything. You lloking for freebies are bankruptsy?
    My must have are:

Butler (allows you to tweak some Treo settings)
    Backupman (for backing up)
    FileZ (freeware) (file browser)
    Directory Assistant (freeware) (great number address lookup program)
    Converter (Freeware) (converts just about any measurement)
    dbscan (freeware) (scans for bad db files)
    dbcache (freeware) (supposed to make it run more stable)
    Flightstatus (freeware) (check flight status)
    PowerRun (allows you to run programs from the SD card
    Any games especially freeware
    Quote Originally Posted by Paidhima
    hehe, I was expecting that. I've been browsing quite a bit but the amount of information is staggering.
    So you start a new thread, so that we may add to the already "staggering" amount of information available??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    So you start a new thread, so that we may add to the already "staggering" amount of information available??
    Look at it on the bright side...he is giving you (er...um...I mean us ) another thread to post in.

Docs to go is my vote. (Ok Im still on topic)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Agendus would be my vote as a must have application. At first I did not like it and found it a bit bloated, but once I learned how to use it I saw the true value.

Pocket Mini Golf is also a must have!
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I like:
    mRing
    Pocket Tunes
    RingoPro
    Uninstall Manager

Games:
    Village Sims
    Mazera
    Monopoly
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    2day, take phone, e-mail other than versamail (I use Snapper), voicedial, agenduspro, ptunes premium
    Last edited by treo2die4; 06/20/2005 at 06:43 PM.
    Thanks for the responses. Lots of great ideas, and a few apps I know I'll want straight away. I didn't see the other must haves thread. I was browsing at work, so I must have missed it. I'll definitely go check it out.

I'm not going to have my Treo five minutes before I start tearing the software apart. This is going to be fun. And finally I'll have something to do at work when I'm bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Paidhima
    I'm not going to have my Treo five minutes before I start tearing the software apart. This is going to be fun. And finally I'll have something to do at work when I'm bored
    Custom ROMs will do the trick quite nicely
    I've been reading a bit about custom ROMs already. Seems like just the type of thing that would keep me up all hours of the night: that never ending search for the "perfect build".