Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 452
  1. #201  
    Uninstall Manager


    which one is good ? I just normal delete the apps the normal way.
  2. #202  
    Thanks for the suggestions sxtg and Matthew23...
  3. #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL
    Uninstall Manager


    which one is good ? I just normal delete the apps the normal way.
    The "normal" way removes the prc file and often forgets the rest of the stuff done......this often leaves cache files, data files, preferences files and a host of other things

    Uninstall Manager removes EVERYTHING associated with the program.
  4. #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    Laffs...
    Typical Long Islander comment..."
    I'm Brooklyn born and bred <g>. I wouldn't be concerened during commuting hours but having been mugged three times on NYC subways in my time, (1 time I lost stuff no real bruises, other 2 times, they lost stuff and gained more than a few bruises). But then again I guess I should not have been travlin in those places at those particular hours......now I take cabs at those hours !
  5. #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I'm Brooklyn born and bred <g>. I wouldn't be concerened during commuting hours but having been mugged three times on NYC subways in my time, (1 time I lost stuff no real bruises, other 2 times, they lost stuff and gained more than a few bruises). But then again I guess I should not have been travlin in those places at those particular hours......now I take cabs at those hours !
    Jack,
    Point taken.
    I been mugged a few times myself... hence the attitude!
    But you are right. Its about where and when.
    After 9pm on the F anywhere near Prospect or there about...
    I am hiding my treo in where the sun dont shine.

    Just like the woman who hid the cell phone in her ******.
    I did read about that on this forum didnt I?

    LMAO!!
  6. #206  
    Can't imagine that BugMe Notepad isn't on anyone's list.
    Also, PTunes, Llightwav, FacerPro, Snappermail, Docs To go.

    The second list would include:
    Dir Assistant, Flex Button, HandZipper, McPhling, Undupe (should probably be in top list).

    What I don't understand is how people could list Uninstall Manager (or any uninstall utility) as an application that you can't do without. Seems to me that if it's that's important, perhaps a Treo isn't for you? ;-)
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
  7. #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    Jack,
    Just like the woman who hid the cell phone in her ******.
    I did read about that on this forum didnt I?
    LMAO!!
    I did see that here...IIRC, she was stealing it.
  8. #208  
    What was the name of that application that _stops_ the Treo from auto-launching an app when you insert an SD card?
  9. #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by tcc
    What was the name of that application that _stops_ the Treo from auto-launching an app when you insert an SD card?
    LaunchThis!
  10. #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    LaunchThis!

    That's it....thanks!
  11. #211  
    Does anyone know where to get the Movian VPN app? Finding this app has been like Shaq hitting a free throw!
  12. #212  
    I think that if everyone new exactly what the advantages of Chatter were that would hands down be the favorite. This application is so far superior to any other email app out there.
  13. #213  
    I agree. I've been using Snapper for a year or two (POP and then IMAP). As soon as I experienced Chatter's ability of true push email via IMAP, I was sold (or rather, Chatter was bought). Granted, it could use an improvement here and there, but the push is great.
  14. #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by bokaplan
    I think that if everyone new exactly what the advantages of Chatter were that would hands down be the favorite. This application is so far superior to any other email app out there.
    What are the great benefits I keep hearing about with Chatter? Is it 'Push?' What else? I use the standard P1 email (which seems fine to me), but what makes Chatter so much better?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  15. #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwireless
    Does anyone know where to get the Movian VPN app? Finding this app has been like Shaq hitting a free throw!
    lol...
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  16. #216  
    IMO, Chatter is great because it takes advantage of the IMAP email protocol in key ways and does it VERY well. The most important features for me are are:

    - Working completely in the background. Whether you're receiving email or downloading or sending a large attachment. You can turn your device off or start other apps and it would sit and do its work just fine.

    - Push email, which means instant email. It gives you so much more power to know that you'll receive the email as soon as possible for those folders or accounts that could benefit from it.

    - Server folder search. This is an AMAZING feature that is rarely mentioned. I keep A LOT of email on email servers, both work (Exchange server) and personal (Fastmail). Chatter allows you to search entire folders on the server in seconds and only downloads those messages that match your search criteria. Imagine receiving an email from a client inquring about something that took place months (or years) ago! How the heck could you find this email when you're not at your desk? Downloading a whole folder all the way back to that date would take a huge amount of time and storage space that it is totally impractical. With Chatter, it's a breeze! All you have to do is create a filter folder, point it to the folder on the server where the message would be, and give it some criteria, like date range, and data for matching From, To, Subject and/or Body fields. Low-and-behold you get a folder with the messages in question, IN SECONDS! (Can you tell I'm excited about this?) IMHO, this feature alone is an incredible productivity tool and I don't know what I would do without it! People are often amazed at my response time in such situations.

    The possibilities are endless! For example, I keep my software registration emails on the server in a specific folder. If I lose the registration for a given piece of software, no problem. I just search that folder on the server for that app name, and I have the email in question. etc, etc.
    Last edited by silverado; 05/05/2005 at 09:51 AM.
  17. #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Chatter allows you to search entire folders on the server in seconds and only downloads those messages that match your search criteria. Imagine receiving an email from a client inquring about something that took place months (or years) ago! How the heck could you find this email when you're not at your desk? Downloading a whole folder all the way back to that date would take a huge amount of time and storage space that it is totally impractical. With Chatter, it's a breeze!
    Wait a minute, let me see if I understand you correctly here.

    On my desktop I use Outlook Express where I can (and do) have email messages going back 2 -3 years that are still in my Outlook Express folders (Inbox, Notes, etc...). Are you saying that with Chatter I can get to any of those old messages I may need to get to? Holy s**t, that is amazing if that's the case. I didn't know that was even possible with the Treo!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  18. #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Wait a minute, let me see if I understand you correctly here.

    On my desktop I use Outlook Express where I can (and do) have email messages going back 2 -3 years that are still in my Outlook Express folders (Inbox, Notes, etc...). Are you saying that with Chatter I can get to any of those old messages I may need to get to? Holy s**t, that is amazing if that's the case. I didn't know that was even possible with the Treo!
    Yes, you can, if they are on an IMAP server.
  19. #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Yes, you can, if they are on an IMAP server.
    Does Comcast.net use IMAP Servers?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  20. #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Does Comcast.net use IMAP Servers?
    Comcast will not use IMAP servers, but I have Comcast and use Chatter by first setting Comcast to forward all my mail to my fastmail account and then having Chatter check my fastmail account. I can also have responses from my phone appear to come directly from Comcast using either the Comcast SMTP or Fastmail SMTP servers.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)

Posting Permissions