1.    #1  
    I just responded to an online survey from TomTom that I received via email. After taking it, it seems clear that they are exploring the idea of charging for extras -- extras such as more exhaustive POIs as well as celebrity voices for direction prompts. It was funny...some of the POIs they offered to see if users would be interested in including as options were categories like "nudist beaches" or "redlight districts." That made it even more evident that they are a European company.

Any other TT users receive this email today?
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    They need to fix the 5mb requirement, phone call-while-navigating issues, first. It has a great interface, but needs work.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Yeah, I saw that and thought, man, they obviously aren't in the U.S. or they would get railed on my the moralists. Also, you notice they say "petrol stations" instead of "gas stations."
    Twitter: @dvdmon

mine says gas stations for the POI's

tom tom navigator 2004 for palm
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    They need to fix the 5mb requirement, phone call-while-navigating issues, first. It has a great interface, but needs work.
    What do you mean by the 5 mb requirement? I use TT Nav and have never heard of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    5MB requirement? It takes 50K on my phone (the rest goes on the SD card) and still starts up instantly.
    There is one extra I would pay big $$ for -- accurate road speeds used in route calculations, taking into account current incidents. We can take advantage of the fact that TomTom is on the Treo and can connect to data sources.

Imagine this: you are driving home, and your TomTom automatically tells you to get off the highway and the next exit, take local routes for a few miles, then get back on. It detected an accident ahead, knows it is rush hour, and knew that traffic would be backed up in another mile.

Let's petition TomTom to offer us LandSonar for a monthly fee (I found them at http://www.landsonar.com/predtraffic.html).