1.    #1  
    On my Treo 600:

1) Whenever I do a restore from card w/ BBVFS it fails to restore the IBM microsphere java - forcing me to reinstall J9JavaVMMidpNG.prc from desktop. Anyone know how to get around this - it is a PITA to not have webviewer available after doing a restore (as WebViewer is a Java app)

2) BBVFS also fails to fully restore my zLauncher preferences. Seems like I always have to manually install the ZL_CategoriesDB.PDB and sometimes the ZL_FavoriteListDB.PDB

Any Ideas?
    Yes.. same here ..would love to see a fix or a version of WebSphere on an SD taht can be installed directly.

-CK
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen
    On my Treo 600:

1) Whenever I do a restore from card w/ BBVFS it fails to restore the IBM microsphere java - forcing me to reinstall J9JavaVMMidpNG.prc from desktop. Anyone know how to get around this - it is a PITA to not have webviewer available after doing a restore (as WebViewer is a Java app)

Any Ideas?
    I have had the same problem. I always end up having to reinstall Java. The last time, I installed the new Java version, which takes up over 3 mb. Wish it could all run off the SD card anyway.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    What do you use Java for, out of curiosity? My experience with all flavors of Java (as an end-user) has been pretty disappointing in speed, UI inconsistency, etc.

You could put the .prc on the SD card, and move it over with Filez I suppose.
  5.    #5  
    The only thing I use java for is Reqwireless WebViewer - but I use it all the time (it is a lot faster than Blazer).
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    I have had the same problem. I always end up having to reinstall Java. The last time, I installed the new Java version, which takes up over 3 mb. Wish it could all run off the SD card anyway.
    Was there a benefit to installing the new version of Java? 3 megs seems like a lot of bloat (wasn't the previous version only 1/2 that)?
    I just use Java for WebViewer. I haven't yet found an advantate to the new version of Java, but hopefully new useful Java-based progrms will emerge - and I might be better able to run them. I still mave over 9 mb free, and the largest program I run uses a bit over 5 mb.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad