1.    #1  
    I am going to Canada this week and need to be able to check my email for business while I am there. I have an unlimited data plan in the states, but in Canada, by roaming data fee is either $13 or $20 per MB (depending upon which customer service person you talk with!). Anyway, I get about 10-15 emails a day, any ideas on how much data the asynchronous connection takes on that many emails? And does the option in delivery preferences for "email load" limit the amount of data to download to the device or is that an SSL setting since it's right below SSL?

Thanks
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    email load is a limit that is for ALL messages (not just SSL).

Your usage will vary widely, depending on signal strength, etc... I'm not sure I'd recommend using Chatter in "online" mode while you're there, though, because of the unknowns.

Does roaming even work with data?

Marc
    Doesn't work for Sprint CDMA, not sure about GSM
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  4.    #4  
    Yes, you can data roam with GSM
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750