1.    #1  
    I have been using Snapper since my Treo 600 a while back and am now using it with my Treo 650 been happy so far until now. My problem is that when I click on an email address embedded within an email, it asks me if I want to add to contacts and upon clicking no the Treo resets. When using the code ##377+dial afterward it said that Versamail (&%$#@) crashed the phone. Any ideas??
    If you're using Snapper, why even have Versamail on the phone? Check out Shadow Mite's custom roms page, you can flash your rom without all the Versamail garbage on it, assuming you're not a Cingular Treo
  3.    #3  
    I am nervous that ill f**k up the ROM install. If I do the install, can I just run Backupman after the hard reset?
  4.    #4  
    When Shadowmite (praised be his name) writes "Copy the "palm" and "rom" folders inside the zip file onto the root directory of your card". What is the root directory? Just drag into the card by themselves or drop it into the newly name "bak" folder?
    The Rom deal is easy as cake, I'm the IT dude here at the company and I've flashed about 12 Treo 650's, and reflashed one about 8 times or so. Been creating custom roms too.

Basically, the root directory of a device is the upper most directory. Lets say your storage card is Drive E:, you should have:

E:\ROM
    E:\PALM

And no files listed under E:\

After that it's pretty must just "rev cvt2" and "ace" once you pop the storage card in. If you purchased SnapperMail, you're welcome to one of my custom roms with Snapper loaded in Rom. Works great.
    Whether or not you go with the custom roms, it's a good idea to delete the Versamail associated preferences with FileZ. I performed a Custom Rom without versamail and the versamail preferences continued to cause problems until I deleted those files.
    Did you try changing the Default Email application in the Preferences Menu to Snapper? That may fix the reset.
  8.    #8  
    Thats been tried Brooose. Im at least savvy enough to know to try that first. :-D
    Sorry. I did not mean to insult your intelligence. Sometimes the simple things work and I know I forget them sometimes too.

...like the Leafs logo. I am from T.O.
  10.    #10  
    Intelligence not insulted in the least. Isn't it depressing with no hockeey this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katway
    Whether or not you go with the custom roms, it's a good idea to delete the Versamail associated preferences with FileZ.
    So are you saying you could simply use FileZ to delete VersaMail and associated preferences without going with the custom rom? I would prefer using the custom rom as the last resort if possible.
    Sad about hockey, yes, but with a steely determination that life must go on, I have accepted it. I feel the same way about the Presidential election
    Quote Originally Posted by winebrat
    So are you saying you could simply use FileZ to delete VersaMail and associated preferences without going with the custom rom? I would prefer using the custom rom as the last resort if possible.
    No. FileZ will not take Versamail off the 650 since it is in Rom. But, it can be useful in getting rid of versamail relics from those preferences files. Open view preferences and select the versamail files, then delete them. It's the only way I could get rid of pesky versamail problems even after I removed the versamail program with a custom rom. Slecxting SnapperMail as my default app didn't work until I deleted those versamail preferences.
  14.    #14  
    this is a problem I noticed myself recently. It turns out that
    it actually *is* VersaMail's fault. What has happened is that VersaMail
    has registered itself to be the default app to handle 'mailto:' urls.
    But unfortunately actually crashes when you send it a 'mailto:' url!

The next available public beta version of SnapperMail (which will be
    2.2.4.01) will include a fix for this problem.

Stuart Nicholson
    Senior Handheld Engineer
    www.snappermail.com
  15.    #15  
    the new beta does indeed fix this issue. Thanx SNAPPPER!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    The Rom deal is easy as cake, I'm the IT dude here at the company and I've flashed about 12 Treo 650's, and reflashed one about 8 times or so. Been creating custom roms too.

Basically, the root directory of a device is the upper most directory. Lets say your storage card is Drive E:, you should have:

E:\ROM
    E:\PALM

And no files listed under E:\

After that it's pretty must just "rev cvt2" and "ace" once you pop the storage card in. If you purchased SnapperMail, you're welcome to one of my custom roms with Snapper loaded in Rom. Works great.
    Is this custom ROM making available to Treo 600 users as well?
    Ndugu