Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I know I know, its been discussed many times here but I just have to verbalize my current dilema so please no flaming . I'm like a kid in a candy store with the Treo 650 as most of you here are. I am now stuck btw the all important decision of which direction to go. I am currently on Tmo and love both their service and CS, I dont have issues with signal where I live in Miami. But ofcourse GPRS speed is terrible but I love the ability of swapping out SIM cards to switch phones (i currently bounce from an Ipaq 6315 to Moto V600).

I am now on my 7th trial date with Sprint, Im quite happy with the Data speeds and signal quality but I feel Im taking a step backward if I lock myself to CDMA. Also the voice quality seems to be a bit muffled compared to GSM. I have placed an order for an unlocked version which should come in soon, this will give me the chance to test it out with my current Tmobile account. I have also ordered a Cingular version that I will exercise the 30day trial period. The best package overall for combination voice and data (data with speed) is Sprint and its pretty close to what I currently pay for Tmo.

Tmo plan
    1000 anytime w/ nw $39.99
    unlimited sms $9.99
    unlimited Gprs $19.99
    TOTAL $69.97

Sprint plan
    700 Fair and Flex w/nw $50.00
    unlimited Vision $15.00
    unlimited sms $5.00
    insurance(nice) $5.00
    TOTAL $75.00

Cingular plan
    Nation 900 w/ nw and mobile to mobile $59.99
    unlimited media net $24.99
    1000 SMS $9.99
    TOTAL $94.97 YIKES!

I do get more bang for the buck with Sprint...... Geez decisions decisions. I'm just rambling on but these are the voices in my head!
    You also might want to take into consideration that sprint and cingular have surcharges. Were T-mobile does not.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spectralpulse
    You also might want to take into consideration that sprint and cingular have surcharges. Were T-mobile does not.
    I was not aware of that. How can I check what the surcharges are for each? Sticking with Tmo and dealing with the $700.00 cost of the unlocked version is starting to sound better. I hope Tmo starts rolling out EDGE soon in Miami.
    You may wanna use the same plan price to show the differences more precisely

Tmo plan
    1000 anytime w/ nw $39.99
    unlimited sms $9.99
    unlimited Gprs $19.99

Sprint plan
    500 Free and Clear $40.00
    unlimited Vision $15.00
    unlimited sms $5.00
    insurance(nice) $5.00

Cingular plan
    600 Regional $39.99
    unlimited media net $24.99
    1000 SMS $9.99

Now add it up. TMo gives you the best deal on voice. Sprint gives you the best deal on data.
    If you use the unlocked version does tmobile still give support ?
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spectralpulse
    Surcharges? What do you mean? Every carrier charges those insane taxes and recovery fees.

Joe