1.    #1  
    In my quest to get my treo looking exactly as I want, I really wanted a time display when the screen was locked. I tried TealLock and all the other alternatives and they just didn't do what I wanted... Some were just too expensive, some crashed on the 650 and others just weren't very pretty. It seemed to me like the 'Security' application which comes with my phone was just right (simple, clean, free) with the exception of not having a clock.

Anyway, I've attached a prc which will install a clock (and battery and radio icons) onto the standard Security page. It should activate automatically and to deactivate it, delete it.

Geoff.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by geoffreycross; 03/02/2005 at 09:53 AM.
  2.    #2  
    P.S. in the screenshot I took, the radio indicator isn't there before it was running in the simulator. But it should appear when you turn your radio on.
    Any chance you can make this app work when you 'wake up' the 650? Like KeyGuard Time did?
  4.    #4  
    I could, but not entirely sure what you want.

You mean when the password protection is not on? Couldn't you just press the 'house' button and you'll get the application launcher which already has a time display?
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Except that the time is not always correct when the keyguard is on. Only after the keyguard is shutoff does the time update. That is where KeyGuard comes in. Click once and it shows the correct time without having to shut off Keyguard.

Robb
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffreycross
    I could, but not entirely sure what you want.

You mean when the password protection is not on? Couldn't you just press the 'house' button and you'll get the application launcher which already has a time display?
    On the 650, the 'house' does not wake the phone up. The nice feature of KeyGuard Time was that when you pressed the phone or power button, the time, date and ringer status was displayed until you pressed the center button to unlock or the phone went back to sleep.
    THANK YOU, GEOFF!

That is my new, favorite utility for my Treo 650. That was one of my biggest complaints about my Palm smartphones over the years! I actually installed TealMaster and HBX just to get the time on a button press without putting in my password... and this gives me more!

All I could ask for now is an app that lets you use the phone to make outbound phone calls when the Treo is locked. That would ice the cake!

Thanks again, awesome job!
    -M-
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    have you guys tried clockpop5? it wakes the treo up by holding the 5 way and another button, so i have it set to my calendar button meaning i just put my finger between the button and the 5 way it gets both- the clock pops up, shows me the time, battery, and my next appointment and then when i let go the phone goes to sleep
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)