1.    #1  
    I recently downloaded the ZenPlus C++ framework for Palm os. It seems to be a very comprehensive and well thought out framework. The problem is that I could not get it to compile using Eclipse.

Has anyone had success with this? Is this a solution that will only work with CodeWarrior, or am I just missing something obvious?

I think I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than write software using C.

Thanks!!
    This is not an answer to your question (sorry!) but if you are planning to do Palm development I would strongly recommend looking into the POL (Palm Object Library). This is a stellar C++ framework for developing PalmOS applications. But, that said, at this time it is built on CodeWarrior and will not work within the Palm Developer Suite (Eclipse). Also, you cannot buy it seperately anymore -- when you buy CodeWarrior 9 it comes with it. If you use CodeWarrior 8 you are out of luck (as far as I can tell) -- which is very sad.

From their website, I could not determine the scope of ZenPlus but my guess is that POL is far more complete, robust a framework.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks very much for your response. So basically the Palm Developer Suite is just for C development?

You would think Palm would make it easier for us "tinkerers" to develop apps, instead of requiring us to shell out $500 for a substandard IDE.

I think one can also download a non-expiring trial version of CodeWarrior. I'll give that a try.

Thanks again!