1.    #1  
    wow I was very excited about the idea of watching vids on my treo I bought powerDVD and MMplayer but its a joke its always buffering and skipping is there anyway to watch a "smooth" movie on it? if not I'm del. this crap off the treo
    I use PocketDVD to encode my DVD's. I then run the .avi file through SmartMovie Converter on my pc. Once it goes through SmartMovie Converter, I copy the .avi file to my SD card and watch the movie using SmartMovie on my Treo. So far, the movies I have done (around a dozen or so) have turned out great. I watch using SmartMovie and the Audio/Video is in sync, the quality is great and the file size is usually around 150mb. That's if I start with a 500mb encoded .avi file.

I know, I spent a little more to have both PocketDVD and SmartMovie. But, I got tired of trying to get the audio sync set in MMplayer. If I'm going to spend this much for a "toy" what's another $30 to get it to do what I want?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I use pocketdivx and mmplayer, and I havent had hardly any problems. Ive done about 7 or 8 movies now, and one movie Ive tried 3 different ways. I have a 1 GB sd card, so space isnt an issue for me. Thus, I go for the highest video and audio settings, 1 pass, rotation left, and I can't remember the rest of the settings right now. I can post them later!
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I used Dr Divx to encode, and I have had very smooth video.
  5.    #5  
    space doesn't matter to me I also have a 1 gig card its just between the buffering the audio being out of sync and the choppiness its getting very fustraiting! any settings you reccomend using pocket dvd? mmplayer is saying the bit rate is too high what does that mean?
    I've had good luck with 240kb rate and 15 fps using Kinoma. I initially tried a higher frame rate but I had problems similar to yours. 15 fps is still pretty smooth.

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars
    I've had good luck with 240kb rate and 15 fps using Kinoma. I initially tried a higher frame rate but I had problems similar to yours. 15 fps is still pretty smooth.

Tom
    With PXA Clocker I can get 29.97 frames/sec with Kinoma.
    I have a 1GB card as well. But, since I do get the file size down with my method, I can carry 4 movies plus all the apps and associated documents I run, plus around 100 mp3 files.