Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    got some freezes, instability and other issues with this beloved toy.

was told here in asia to get a firmware upgrade (for gsm unlocked) which would be available on march 7th - need to drop by for the 8 minutes process.

so it is obviously not the time yet to exchange my current model for another device in the hope of more stability. lets get this firmware upgrade done and wait and see.

really love this phone, if it just wouldnt be that moody.

will keep you posted.
    beelzebueb -- could u share some further details. Whom did you recieve this information from? Do u consider this individual a reliable source? And, did they mention what this firmware would consist of?

Thanks
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    well this would make somewhat sense as there is a user who has 1.15 in their phone. Not someone from here, but if you search it will apparently show you a link
  4.    #4  
    this source is reliable. wait and see.
    So does it mean that all unlocked GSM 650 users in north america need to send our phone back to Palmone and they'll upgrade the firmware and send back our phones? This is my first Treo in my life...so I don't know the actual procedure..but I'll prefer not to send it back...since it takes a long time in canada for me to do so.
    Unlikely. The firmware can probably be updated by downloading the firmware from your pc. It will be a .prc file.
  7.    #7  
    was told to go to a certain place where they will do the upgrade - other places probably at another time? as said: process would take around eight minutes. not sure if its done by .prc file ...
    Quote Originally Posted by yatbond
    Unlikely. The firmware can probably be updated by downloading the firmware from your pc. It will be a .prc file.
    Of course it won't be a .prc file....as it updates the firmware as well as the whole ROM software...one needs a SD card, create a directory and have special procedures..(read from Shadowmite's site)

But wonder if P1 will post it or not...or they'll be afraid that one will crack the code and turn all the Cingular and other locked GSM to unlocked GSM.
    the method for the the shadowmite roms is not the method for official upgrades.

The upgrade will be posted at www.palmone.com/us/support

Kevin Michaels of palmone has confirmed that in these boards. The update will be a palm application that is run on the device with no need for an sd card that will flash the rom.
    They have in the past with the 600's. Lets stop the junk and wait and see.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    well this would make somewhat sense as there is a user who has 1.15 in their phone. Not someone from here, but if you search it will apparently show you a link
    Got my VC today (Im near where VC is...):

Firmware: 01.15
    Software: Treo650-1.06-ROW
    Hardware: A
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
    does the update deal with the memory issues? Thanks
    Whats a VC?
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371
    Whats a VC?
    VC = Vienna Channels
  15.    #16  
    just got the 1.15 upgrade -

everything gets erased, so better backup properly.

first commands though (browsing with blazer) immediately led to another freeze ...

cant say much about the differences to 1.14 yet.

under prefs though there seems to be a whole new set of color schemes ...

firmware: 01.15
    software: treo650-1.06-ROW
    Where did you get the upgrade?
    Any improvement with earpiece volume?
    so minor improvement or no improvement at all?
    this upgrade sort of sounds like sevice pack 2 when first released...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast