Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I have both Treohelper & Snappermail on my Treo 650. I receive sms notifications when I have new email. I want Treohelper to make Snappermail retrieve my mail. On Treohelper, I have the box "Enable this SMS trigger" checked. But what should I type onto the "trigger text" line. My mobile email address (xxxxxxxxxx@mobile.mycingular.com)? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Kirby
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    that depends.

what does the email notication say when you get it? try putting part or all of that in there.

my work email is setup to send an sms titled fetch. once the 650/treohelper gets this, snapper does a fetch.

all other sms are ignored.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    try having it trigger @ .. that works for me.
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Are you charged for SMS messaging? I have ATTWS/Cingular with a voice and data plan but no messaging so I pay by the text message. I never use text messaging so never had a need for it.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    Are you charged for SMS messaging? I have ATTWS/Cingular with a voice and data plan but no messaging so I pay by the text message. I never use text messaging so never had a need for it.
    Included in my plan is 1500 sms messages.
    Ok....so this is not going to be an option for me then....Thanks for the info though.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    try having it trigger @ .. that works for me.
    Thank you Felipe & donric609. You have been a great help. It works perfectly now.

Kirby
    Sorry if this is a stupid question....but I loaded snappermail and it seems if I set up the "Get Mail" option to every five minutes, it seems to do the same thing chatter does. My company only supports Blackberry so I essentially set my e-mail to forward to my Treo when I am out of the office. So every five minutes snapper looks for any e-mail that has been sent just like chatter did. So far it prmpts me when new e-mail comes in, works great with attachments and Docs to go and allows me to designate the hours and days of the week to look for e-mail. Am I missing something or are these two apps., given the way I have to connect, doing the same thing? If so, Snappermail is MUCH more stable since I am having none of the reset issues.
    np exciter
    txschafers - Chatter is true push (if your server supports it), Snapper is timed. Chatter also works entirely in the background, receiving and sending. It's also more Treo-centric . Chatter is very stable, but some people have problems (most known, a few perhaps not). A log usually pinpoints the issue, but not always.

Marc
    Hey Marc, any future plans for AOL & Chatter? Just wondering, thanks.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Mark,

I will give Chatter another try. However, other then snapper displaying on my screen when it is going out for e-mail, based on how I have to get my company e-mail sent to me ( remember we are a Blackberry company ) both programs are timed to go out every 5 minutes to look for mail right? Since I cannot connect to my companies server with the Treo and my mmode mail does not support IDLE, is the only real difference that Chatter does everything behind the scenes and does not take over my screen when looking for new mail?
    txschafers, I don't think chatter is "timed" at all like you're describing with autofetching. messages just magically appear as they arrive in your inbox. I suggest getting a fastmail account or something similar and forward to that account instead of your mmode mail. you'll really appreciate chatter a whole lot more when you set it up to do what it was designed to do which is to push imap mail in real-time.
    -- berto
    Yes that is autofetch. With Snappermail & treohelper, Snappermail only checks your email when you actually get one. No need to have your scheduled to fetch every five minutes. Autofetch should actually be turned off...
    yup autofetch off.. having it on is just overkill that's actually wasted battery life..
    I assume fastmail supports IDLE right? That seemed to be the problem with forwarding my mail to mmode was that IDLE was not supported so it had to kick off the event every five minutes. In my mind, if AI have to do that, Versamail works just fine. I will take a look at fastmail. Any other free e-mail providers you can think of?
    Does anyone know the fast mail SMTP and IMAP settings for mail? I am trying to set this to work with chatteremail