Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The treo 650 turns off the backlight during a call, which probably saves 80% of the total screen draw.
    Quote Originally Posted by mhzimmer
    I would imagine Treoguard is also a good power saver since it can turn the screen off automatically when in a call
    TreoGuard also helps save battery life by allowing you to schedule when you're phone radio is on. That way, if you forget to turn it off when you go to bed, TreoGuard will do it for you. It will also remember to turn it on for you in the morning.

Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
    Quote Originally Posted by sj2004
    mg48 is right LEDs use very little power compared to incandescent bulbs.
    Is there a program to turn off the Treo's incandescent bulb?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    Is there a program to turn off the Treo's incandescent bulb?
    Just wait. I'm writing a program that will ensure all incandescent bulbs are off. I plan on charging only $34.95 / year for the service.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Just wait. I'm writing a program that will ensure all incandescent bulbs are off. I plan on charging only $34.95 / year for the service.
    That's OK. I could use one of the Handango "coupon codes".
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    this just in- or at least i found out about it yesterday-
    the best way to solve the kblightoff trial ending blues is to get the new brightcam beta 0.6 i believe. i have been waiting so long for this program it's not even funny- it was the best feature on my 600. now it finally works on the 650. it automatically controls the brightness of you screen based on ambient light detected by the camera at specific intervals, also changes the ringer volume if it detects the phone is in a pocket (really dark) and does the kb lights.
    done by the same guy who made ledoff.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    I understand that brightcam works great, but I was under the impression that the ambient light polling system that uses the camera actually negates any power saving benefit of disabling the KB lights.

True/False?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Where do you get brightcam 0.6? I couldn't find any version higher than 0.5.8.
    Thanks
    It may be good to have KBLightsOff and LedOff installed and use them only while travelling when you really need extended battery life. Are there any known issues like resets etc. with these tools installed on the 650?

Thanks,
    Sid Vajirkar
    Unlocked 650
    brightcam is available at mytreo.net unfortunately they're having "technical difficulties"
    if you set brightcam to run every few seconds, then yes the power savings would be negligible- but i have it run every time i switch programs so if i'm going ADHD with my palm, then yes it'll drain a bit. if not then it's pretty good.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Kenundrum, sounds good, thanks for the additional information. Having never used the problem myself I was going on speculation and hearsay.
    What about BT, i leave mine on all the time, any opinions on it's battery drain?
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    You can buy two extra battery on ebay for that price ....
    Quote Originally Posted by vajirkar
    It may be good to have KBLightsOff and LedOff installed and use them only while travelling when you really need extended battery life. Are there any known issues like resets etc. with these tools installed on the 650?

Thanks,
    Sid Vajirkar

I have both installed on my and they have caused me no problems to date. Love both of the apps. I do use the "small" version of ledoff, since thats all i care about.

LEDoff does have an issue with Butler if you use it as well. Butler, even if you dont do anything with the LED options in Bulter, will at times cause the LEDs you have turned off via ledoff to come back on. This definatly happens anytime you actually go to the Butler app, and some other times as well.
    BT sucks power like no tomorrow...remember with BT on, you are turning on in essence 2 anntennas. 1 at whatever gsm frequency, and then one at 2.4GHz...ooo fun fun
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by vajirkar

Thanks,
    Sid Vajirkar

I have been using both for a while and have no issues, resets, etc. (due to those).
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    What about BT, i leave mine on all the time, any opinions on it's battery drain?

This sucks juice to....so I should add, BT a lot, turn it off.

Also, I don't know about what other think, but maybe this should get a sticky.

Mods?
    finally I can read again at night (i bought treo keyboardoff program). This thread and my eyes convinced me to buy it and its cheap!
    i cant believe i havent been using KBlightsoff...that program is sick yo
    soon i will buy it

i like my LED , keyboard lights that can save me some power
    butler does the same thing...turns off led
    Fred
    Cingular 680
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast