Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have tried to ask in the US GSM forum but the only reply I got was from a Treo 600 user so I thought Id try here...I did also try searching..but to no avail....

how do you enable/use tzones with the unlocked treo 650...i do not see any mention of it anywhere....nor do i see where i can input settings....and i heard mention of unlimited email...but can you check any email or only tmobile email?

I am also interested in using verichat... and I heard about some tzones addition... is this a whole new program or a setting within verichat.. thanks!
    Cheap tZones ----APN:wap.voicestream.com
    $19.99 Internet---APN:Internet2.voicesteam.com

Nothing else. No user, no password, no proxy. Works for me.

Oh, and modem = cellular line (GPRS)
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    tonyH,

can you give us a step by step of how to set it up?

TIA,

AC
    Go into Preferences, Network. Set the Service to T-Zones (unlocked Treos come with its settings). If you can connect, you're done!

I enabled t-mobile email so I could use their smtp outbound server, but I check my imap and gmail servers all the time.

Another thread in that forum tells you how to get Blazer working.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
  5.    #5  
    I cant get email configured right for fastmail or ml1.net in my case

username: newtonp@ml1.net
    server: mail.messagingengine.com
  6.    #6  
    any ideas?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    Go into Preferences, Network. Set the Service to T-Zones (unlocked Treos come with its settings). If you can connect, you're done!

I enabled t-mobile email so I could use their smtp outbound server, but I check my imap and gmail servers all the time.

Another thread in that forum tells you how to get Blazer working.
    James,

i did as you suggest and could not get blazer working without setting up a proxy server fo 216.155.165.050:8080.

TonyH had said

I have tzones and I could not figure where to put APN:wap.voicestream.com. I was hoping to get Blazer setup without a proxy. ALso I was told by express tech support that the Express progrma that came with my Unlocked 650 would not work with a proxy.

Thanks in advance,

Aaron
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH

Here's the $64K question. I understand that T-Mobile now blocks port 80 on T-Zone accounts because people were using the cheap T-Zone accounts for unlimited general internet access.

But can one still use T-Zones for unlimited email access? And T-Zones is thus currently limited to WAP?
    It was reported here, I think, that port 8080 is to be used with the proxy server. However, I was told by TMo advanced data support that proxy was no longer used, and has not been used for over 6 months.

Since I no longer have a T650, someone with T650 needs to confirm the method of entering the APN in the network connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronc_98
    I have tzones and I could not figure where to put APN:wap.voicestream.com.
    It's in the prefs, under "Network"
  11.    #11  
    Anyone have any luck connecting to fastmail and if so what are the settings you used in verichat?
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    Go into Preferences, Network. Set the Service to T-Zones (unlocked Treos come with its settings).
    I have an unlocked Treo 650 GSM, but I don't see any popup in Network that gives me a list of different services. What am I missing?
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Greetings.
    I have both plans on my SIM, Tzones and VPN Internet. I also have a friend who has just Tzones. Popping his sim in the 650 let us see what the Tzones plan let's you do by itself. Web browsing works when the proxy is set as mentioned. Email works on the standard ports. We didn't test email on special ports (like GMail). Viewing the Tzones wap site can only be done with a wap browser that has a configurable WAP gateway. Blazer doesn't have this, so it can't work.

Most important thing? You do not need to setup the network settings, the 650 reads them off your SIM. You do need to set the default network for your plan. Go to Prefs/Network. Select the connection, for example 'TZones' if that is what you have, and click the Connect button. The Treo will logon on. Now just run your apps as needed.

One last thing. I am fairly sure that Verichat is not compatible with Tzones. Have to Verify this.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    so to clarify would i need to get the VPN internet plan then? I have the SKII plan right now ...
    One thing to note, base on Howardforum, (t-zone + proxy server = unlimited internet) only works in certain market, but not all.
    Quote Originally Posted by hchai
    One thing to note, base on Howardforum, (t-zone + proxy server = unlimited internet) only works in certain market, but not all.
    Interesting. I find t-zones + proxy server to be fine for email, and OK for the web using Blazer, but if I use my unlocked 650 as a data modem for my computer, the page load speeds are ridiculously slow. I understand, from looking at T-Mobile's pages, that there's some sort of "web acccelerator" that's available when you use access wap sites (or when you access the web through T-Mobile internet). There's no way for us to tap into the accelerator through the proxy?
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I'll bet that "web accelerator" is just another term for a proxy server. One thing to remember about WAP sites is that they are very small and don't allow advanced HTML (e.g. javascript) so they usually load very quickly. Given the slow data rates on T-Mobile I'm not surprised that the pages load ridiculously slow. In the the past I have found it to be unusable since most of the time the page load timed out.

I have the $19.99 plan and when I got my 650 I didn't have to do anything to use Blazer, get email, etc...
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    To the posters that want to use Versamail; I recommend taking a look at Chatter. It works about a 1000% better and features true "push" email if you're using IMAP and your service provider supports the IDLE command. Take a look at it here; http://www.chatteremail.com
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  19.    #19  
    Verichat does work with Tzones... it works very well =]
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    I have the $19.99 plan and when I got my 650 I didn't have to do anything to use Blazer, get email, etc...
    You can't beat the price of T-Zones Is your 19.99 plan faster than T-Zones or basically just as slow?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast