1.    #1  
    I have the Treo 650 from cingular and the Jabra 250 headset and I followed the instructions in both manuals. I setup a bluetooth headset device from the bluetooth menu in the treo. The devices found each other and created a partnership. I even got the "partnership created" message from the palm. But when I exit the bluetooth application screen then go back in and look at the "trusted devices" list the Jabra 250 does not appear. When I go into the "known devices" list I see it listed there so I try and make it "trusted" again and I get the prompt for the "pass key", I enter "0000" and I get an error message that it cannot bond. So as of yet I have not been able to use the headset on a call. Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem or if I am missing a setting somewhere like setting the profile to "headset" or something. I have had my Treo for less than 48 hrs. so there is a lot I don't know about it yet. I would appreciate any tips.

//p
    Last edited by pharaoh77; 03/01/2005 at 09:08 PM.
  2. mig3298
    Sounds like you're doing everything correctly. There mus be something wrong with either the h/set or the phone. My Jabra was working fine till yesterday and all of a sudden it just won't communicate with the phone. I've tried to discover the h/set but it seems to have gone dead. Mine is only about 2 weeks old.

If you have another device that you can use to test your h/set or maybe a B/T enabled pc to test the phone's B/T that might eliminate the culprit.

gl
    Quote Originally Posted by pharaoh77
    I have the Treo 650 from cingular and the Jabra 250 headset and I followed the instructions in both manuals. I setup a bluetooth headset device from the bluetooth menu in the treo. The devices found each other and created a partnership. I even got the "partnership created" message from the palm. But when I exit the bluetooth application screen then go back in and look at the "trusted devices" list the Jabra 250 does not appear. When I go into the "known devices" list I see it listed there so I try and make it "trusted" again and I get the prompt for the "pass key", I enter "0000" and I get an error message that it cannot bond. So as of yet I have not been able to use the headset on a call. Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem or if I am missing a setting somewhere like setting the profile to "headset" or something. I have had my Treo for less than 48 hrs. so there is a lot I don't know about it yet. I would appreciate any tips.

//p
    I bought my Cingular Treo 650 Feb 4th, 2005. I had bought a Jabra BT250 bluetooth headset in 2004 and thought that it would be great to use it with my Treo 650. Unfortunately, it did not want to auto link with the Treo and had terrible sound and connection quality. I really wanted to use the Jabra BT250 because of the ergonomic quality, it fit great and was very comfortable to wear all day long. It worked great with my other cell phones, . . . what was the problem now with my Treo? After doing some reasearch, I found out that Jabra makes (2) BT250 bluetooth headset models. One specifically optimized for PalmOne's Treo 650 (part no. 3182WW) and one for all other cell phones. I bought the optimized Jabra BT250 (part no. 3182WW, made for PalmOne) at the Treocentral web site. IT WORKS GREAT . . . AUTO LINK AND ALL !!!!!! If you are going to buy a Jabra BT250 headset, don't buy it at a brick and mortar store, go online and look specifically for PalmOne's bluetooth headset PART NO. 3182WW.