Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know the other thread got closed because it got off-track but I still have questions. I see that they have changed the terms again! Now you have to be a Business customer - wtf?!?

In order to qualify for this promotion you must:
    Be an active Sprint Business customer
    Have activated with one of the eligible devices on or after 01/16/05
    Have switched or upgraded to one of the eligible devices on or after 01/16/05

* Offer subject to change without notice
    So now they are like changing the terms every other day or what here?

I e-mailed that Frank Gorzney guy but never heard back. Also, I never heard back from Sprint Promo email after I queried them again pointing out to them that the original terms were not as stringent as they are now.

I want my $100 certificate. I think this changing terms everyday thing is totally bogus! Any ideas? Or should I just initiate the class action lawsuit?

tc
    PS: http://sprint.handango.com/validation
    Go for the lawsuit !

It's their deal they can make whatever terms they want and change them at will. As they said:
    * Offer subject to change without notice
    Minus the abuse maybe it would not have changed so quickly.

I'm glad to see Sprint is tightening things up a bit. This offer was obviously being taken way out of control and costs must be controlled.
    Wouldn't that require a lawyer making money off of a big corporation like Sprint? I should have known.
    The Good News...

My phone number had come up unauthorized and I emailed Sprint a couple of times last week. Today they emailed me back with my certificate number.

The Bad News...(sorta)

As I posted earlier today, when I went to the redemption site, I noticed several of the applications that folks here say they received (Zlauncher, to name one example) don't seem to be on the Handango webpage provided for gift certificate redemption. Is there anywhere else on the sprint/handango site that I've missed for this redemption program or are they just tightening their belt a bit?
  5.    #5  
    I acknowledge what is written there now about the offer being subject to change but that is not what was written on the day that I and others submitted a request for a certificate and hence does not apply.

tc
    Quote Originally Posted by nicegoogly
    Wouldn't that require a lawyer making money off of a big corporation like Sprint? I should have known.
    Its called sarcasm.

Watch it now. Moderators are watching...
    It was not thier intially, I concur, but it is now. IMO, we should just be happy they offered us anything! The 650 community really has been kicked around a bit (GSM price changes, memeory issues, etc.) I'm sorry to see everyone was not able to take advantage of this offer, but a least some of us were.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I got a Treo 650 recently and have been putting in my number and email address and getting the message that it was not a valid number. I am a business number and, it would seem, my eligibility coincided with the new, more limited, software list. My first pass thru the list of available software, I did not even find $100 worth of software I wanted! The list I have come up with now includes a solitaire pack, ewallet(maybe?), Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary, a chess program, a backgammon program, and a small game bundle. Exciting eh? I could not even find a wine cellar program or a wine organizer or a wine review program or.....

Best,

-Luvwine
    Luvwine--

If you're willing to be, what some would consider, dishonest, read the original thread. A member explains a way to purchase programs other then the 87 offered.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=73618
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Thx Gimp, will see what can be done.....

Best,

-Luvwine
    I got PDANet which wasn't offered in the list of products. I just went to the main sprint.handango.com site and searched for my desired product and then went back to the redemption site and picked any product and replaced the ID of the undesired software with the ID of the desired software and then checked out.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    If TreoCentral offered a coupon for select products in their online store and someone found a way to use that coupon for other products I wonder how many people would use that loophole and rob this site blind?...
    I'm a little surprised that TC even allows discussion of such violations to continue unabated.

Cause moderators, if they did it to them, they'll do it to you too!
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    I'm a little surprised that TC even allows discussion of such violations to continue unabated.

Cause moderators, if they did it to them, they'll do it to you too!
    I have no problem berating the people who put in many false phone numbers or clicked multiple times to get mutliple certificates. That was pretty darned dishonest, IMO.

Using the Certificate for more than just the 87 titles is a little bit murkier for me. I got all of the software I wanted from the 87 titles, but I almost wound up ordering from the regular site. How it happend to me is I looked at the listing for Agendus standard in the 87 title available. When you did that, there was a link to check out Agendus Pro (which was also offered with the 87 titiles) I clicked on that and it took me to the regular Handigo site apparantly. I placed my order for Agendus Pro which I decided I wanted, and then when I went to shop for other titles I found I was in the regular site where I could get anything, when I checked out, i was back to where I could use the certificate.

It was a bit confusing the way their web site shifts you around, but just following the links they give on the 87 titles, you can easily wind up in the regular product listing. Combine that with the fact that it would be pretty darn easy for them to simply program their sites so that these cert #'s ONLY work with those 87 titles, and I am not feeling too sorry for Handigo on this one.

Of course, my favorite part of the offer now is how they reserve the right to subsitute software of a greater value if what you asked for is unavailable. I'm thinking they have a $99.97 version of Tetris just waiting in the wings !!!!
    If you are the business offering the promotion this is not murky at all. Its pretty clear cut. You offer customers any of 87 because deals are setup for those. Customers start using the certificates for things outside of that 87 and it messes your accounting all up.

Now you may have had issues in your own individual situation where you had no ill intent. But that is not the case with everyone here.

Many folks feel the $100 certificate they are GIVEN entitles them to something outside of the 87 if they don't like stuff within the 87. Kind of like the market giving free samples of cheese and someone taking a muffin because they don't like cheese .

Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Combine that with the fact that it would be pretty darn easy for them to simply program their sites so that these cert #'s ONLY work with those 87 titles, and I am not feeling too sorry for Handigo on this one.
    This is a very big assumption. Unless you've worked for Handango I don't think you can say how easy/hard it would be for the site they've setup for this.
    Darnel, stop being a baby, you couldn't handle what I said in the other forum and now as soon as I say something you call for the moderators. All you do is bash others and now you are assuming that people would rob this site blind if they had the chance. Stop trying to look like a hero in the eyes of the moderators. You missed out, so be quiet. And by the way, it would be very easy for Handango to have limited the active titles. There are three possible website to buy software: SprintHandango, Handango, and the SprintHandango validation page with the 87 active titles. It was just lazy programming that led to the cross pollination of two active carts: one opened in the validation site and one opened in either of the other sites. The actual handango site fixed this problem immediately (so much for the difficulty). Sprint remained lazy and forgot to plug up that hole when the gift certificate madness was going on.

PS You only claimed sarcasm becuase I saw your post. How much will that cost the consumers when a class action suit starts and Sprint pays out after an expensive legal battle? I told you in the other thread that lawyers are only good to you when it makes YOU money. Moderators are watching, but so are people you throw jabs at on other threads so try not to contradict yourself.
    Last edited by nicegoogly; 03/02/2005 at 04:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicegoogly
    Darnel, stop being a baby, you couldn't handle what I said in the other forum
    I'm not the one crying at you. You're crying at me. Who's the baby? YOU! Notice I never needed to address you after I realized the last thread was closed. You feel the need to continually address me. Obviously you are the baby afraid of ME. It is you who seem to take issue with ME and even after a prior thread being closed as a result have started up the same activity again.

and now as soon as I say something you call for the moderators.
    I don't call for them. I know they are around. Given they closed the previous thread with a "back and forth" it is obvious they don't want this kind of banter on the form they moderate. Again, you are drumming this up. They never closed a thread for me saying something was wrong.

I have much respect for the TC folks. They run a great site and offer some nice products for sale.

I said to you "Watch it now. Moderators are watching..." because I was hoping maybe you would realize this is not the kind of activity they want to see on the boards. Given they closed the previous thread with this.

All you do is bash others and now you are assuming that people would rob this site blind if they had the chance.
    The people who are taking without proper authorization yes. And I will continue to do so. Been doing it here for years.

Stop trying to look like a hero in the eyes of the moderators.
    No such attempt. Stop crying because someone calls this issue to the table.

You missed out, so be quiet.
    You don't know what I was or was not part of.

And by the way, it would be very easy for Handango to have limited the active titles.
    Oh now you're a lawyer and web site developer? Did you work for Handango developing their site while going to law school to get a job where you earn your living off government funds?

There are three possible website to buy software: SprintHandango, Handango, and the SprintHandango validation page with the 87 active titles. It was just lazy programming that led to the cross pollination of two active carts: one opened in the validation site and one opened in either of the other sites. The actual handango site fixed this problem immediately (so much for the difficulty).
    Again you are no developer. You are not qualified to access the level of difficulty in anything web related. Come back when we need legal advice.

Sprint remained lazy and forgot to plug up that hole when the gift certificate madness was going on.
    Does not make the "madness" right. Still it is wrong.

PS You only claimed sarcasm becuase I saw your post.
    Read the post again. I said I recommend the lawsuit with a smile and then backed Sprint for changing the rules. It was sarcasm, so what if you wish to view it as something else. Being a lawyer I'm sure you'd enjoy taking this case. Give you something to do other than make a living off government.

How much will that cost the consumers when a class action suit starts and Sprint pays out after an expensive legal battle? I told you in the other thread that lawyers are only good to you when it makes YOU money. Moderators are watching, but so are people you throw jabs at on other threads so try not to contradict yourself.
    No contradictions here. I said this activity was wrong before and still do so.

Nobody will waste their time with giving LAWYERS money to make a class action out of this. You and I both know in the end the result would be lawyers getting millions and them getting a $5 gift certificate if they are lucky.
    Last edited by darnell; 03/02/2005 at 04:45 PM.
    See...crybaby. Look at your post and tell me you are not. Why do you say that because I called it "madness" I am, in some way, condoning the theft of the gift certificates. I am not. But you seemed to have difficulty handling the semantics of it. Once again you are very confused with what I do, although it was clearly explained to you, you just never seemed to get it. The contradiction I referred to (yet another thing you don't get) was your comment about lawyers directed at me about how we make our living suing big corporations, meanwhile that is not an area of law I choose to practice in. Man, you quote me left and right, but you still don't comprehend a thing I said.

Talk about contradictions: am I a lawyer paid by the government or will I enjoy taking a class action suit? Stop making reference to things to which you are ignorant. I am a defense attorney, not a corporate attorney or a personal injury attorney. My job actually has some social signifigance unlike you and your "small" business (emphasis added). The court appoints me to defend those that cannot afford adequate representation, but you don't understand that since you likened my job to welfare. It is a Constitutional right to be provided counsel, let me know if they change that one since you seem to have it down so well. You seem to hate lawyers, though. Just the type of person that really needs one.

It does not take a computer engineer to understand what went wrong with handango site. By the way, my undergraduate degree was in, among other things, information technology. But you don't need a degree to understand how a website works since they now teach this in high school (a diploma you should be actively seeking out yourself).

And mentioning the moderators...just shows how much of a coward you are.
    My very own cyber stalker .
    You should be so lucky.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast