Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    So, I swear, if you looked up your contacts, you could press on one of their numbers and immediately begin dialing, but now, a popup comes up with the number and Dial, Message, and Cancel buttons.

The only thing I can think of that changed this behavior is VoiceDial installed…

What up?
    This is using the built-in Contacts program?
    browse for the contact you want, then highlight the number you'd like to call using the five-way, and then either hit the green call button or even faster, the center nav button.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Yeah built-in contacts.

I meant pressing on the number on screen, rather than with the nav button, etc.

I swear it worked that way before (?).
    ahh, yeah, something they changed because when the inputted number is a cellphone entry, you sometimes don't want to call that contact, but instead text message him or her. unfortunately, the menu still pops up with the same dial prompt even for those numbers stored as a non-cellphone entry.

for me the transition from the 600 has been three steps forward, two steps back, but am for the mostpart, satisfied with the upgrade.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    I mean even, it worked like that with the 650 -- that's the only Treo I've had.