1.    #1  
    Hey,

As you can see from previous threads, I'm having big problems getting a computer to recognize my reconditioned treo 600 as "new hardware".....(meaning I can NOT hotsync at all) Yes, I've uninstalled/reinstalled from the CD included, tried on other cpu's, everything....so maybe...maybe I'll assume it's the treo (since my old 300 connects fine). It's still worth it, since it was only 50 bucks from lockline.....but...I want those applications I had on my treo 300! (i..e....VERICHAT)......

If I buy a media card, can I load palm apps to the card (I have a slot on my PC) and then load em into the treo 600 directly? (instead of a hotsync)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulbeats
    Hey,

As you can see from previous threads, I'm having big problems getting a computer to recognize my reconditioned treo 600 as "new hardware".....(meaning I can NOT hotsync at all) Yes, I've uninstalled/reinstalled from the CD included, tried on other cpu's, everything....so maybe...maybe I'll assume it's the treo (since my old 300 connects fine). It's still worth it, since it was only 50 bucks from lockline.....but...I want those applications I had on my treo 300! (i..e....VERICHAT)......

If I buy a media card, can I load palm apps to the card (I have a slot on my PC) and then load em into the treo 600 directly? (instead of a hotsync)
    Yep, but HotSync name dependent serial numbers may be a problem. Without HotSyncing, you will not have a HSID. There are a couple of applications that will set your HSID without a HS though. Freewarepalm has them, take a look over there.
    There is a fix on the PalmOne website for Treo 600's where hotsync doesn't recognize the device.
  4.    #4  
    I've done the registry cleaner fix 8 times.

Same mess.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    Yep, but HotSync name dependent serial numbers may be a problem. Without HotSyncing, you will not have a HSID. There are a couple of applications that will set your HSID without a HS though. Freewarepalm has them, take a look over there.

I'm just concerned with verichat and maybe some mp3's/riingtones......would they load up via SD card?
    Sorry if you have already tried this, but have you gone into device manager and uninstalled your USB ports?
    ...Or maybe, when windows ask about the new device, find manually the drivers for Palm Device ... They are located in the instalation folder. It worked for me.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    are you logged in as administrator???
  9.    #9  
    I think I am......but now Im thinking it's the treo....b/c even on other cpu's, they recognize the treo 300 if I plug it in and hit the cync button......but the PC's dont do that with the treo 600...nothing happens.....no "fouund new hardware" popup or anything....
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    if you are logged in as an administrator then try this:
    1. soft reset the treo (that may clear stuff up)
    if it don't fix it then
    2. try a warm reset
    if it dont' fix it then
    3. maybe your cable is trashed (try a new cable
  11.    #11  
    Did both resets....still not being recognized as "new hardware".......what if I just get a SD card????
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    did u check the cable?

see mattyparanoid's post above

there is a work around for the HS id

look on freewarepalm for an application called palmname ( i think) it will set your hotsync name
  13.    #13  
    the cable is fine...it works with my treo 300