Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    For thos who havent downloaded please do so. It has major features. Includes bots which open up verichat to an entirely new feature. Now you can pull up driving directions,, yellow pages and flight info in a matter of seconds.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    I installed it, ran it for a couple of hours and it crashed on me three times. First few times it was a random reset but the third time, the whole Treo was frozen. Sure there are neat extra features like traffic, weather, stock quotes, etc but it's more unstable than the previous version. I'm going back with 2.58b for now.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Not sure what to say but I have been using since lunch and no freezing and resets. If mine starts to behave the same way as yours I too will go back to 2.58. Silly bots.. LOL..
    so far no crashes... this new update is a total overhaul on verichat - movie, weather, area code, dictionary, phone, etc...
    AWESOME!
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    silly bots
    Silly? I have two botmarks -- one for "Directions from home" and another for "Directions from work". I've already used these multiple times today.

I have another botmark for San Jose Weather and one for Lake Tahoe Weather, so that I can make my skiing plans. This is very convenient, very, very so....
    This looks interesting, but I am concerned about crashes.
    I was using 2.70 pretty crash free for a week or so. I'm trying 2.75 and so far soooo good!
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    You can always talk to the bots when you're lonely or feeling pathetic.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Quote Originally Posted by treo_fanatic
    Silly? I have two botmarks -- one for "Directions from home" and another for "Directions from work". I've already used these multiple times today.

I have another botmark for San Jose Weather and one for Lake Tahoe Weather, so that I can make my skiing plans. This is very convenient, very, very so....

lmaooo@ driving directions... ok, tell me how to customize my weather the way you did?

Bek

and what the heck is Cricket live??
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    lmaooo@ driving directions... ok, tell me how to customize my weather the way you did?

Bek

and what the heck is Cricket live??
    got me. type in anything and all you get is ... " cricket live" i have no clue what the blazes this is all about
    looks interesting, but will they be forcing it on users?

will we get a choice to not download this version if we want to stick with just an IM client?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    got me. type in anything and all you get is ... " cricket live" i have no clue what the blazes this is all about

yeah that's what i get too.
    I've been playing with this thing for a bit and I don't see how you can add a buddy/botmark to your favorite pages in the phone app.. I don't see how to on the website either.. anyone figured this out?
    Bek
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    I've been playing with this thing for a bit and I don't see how you can add a buddy/botmark to your favorite pages in the phone app.. I don't see how to on the website either.. anyone figured this out?
    Bek
    I followed the "Botmarks" reference from the main page to get to

www.pdaapps.com/verichat/bots.html

which is quite descriptive.
    When I first upgraded it I thought it referred to the Bots as on a "trial" basis, so I suspect there will be an extra charge at some point? I guess this extra charge is for Verichat "Premium" (http://www.pdaapps.com/verichat/compare-editions.html) which will allow multiple logins also.

Standard = $25 first year, $20/year thereafter
    Premium = $40 first year, $35/year thereafter
    This feature could be nice, but it's WAAAAAYYYY to focused on the US right now.

US Only bots:
    • Area and Zip Code information
    • California Highway Information
    • Driving Directions
    • Movie Information
    • Sports Information
    • Yellow Pages

Bots usefull for international users:
    • Currency Converter
    • Dictionary
    • Flight Status
    • Language Converter (Dutch, yah!)
    • Stock Information (semi, US stocks only)
    • World Time
    • Local Weather Forecast

Don't get me wrong here, I'm a long time Verichat fan, but asking international users (meaning: Non-US citizens) to pay $39,95 for the Premium Edition??? I think a $30,- price point would be more suitable for us Europeans (and any other world citizen not living in the US)

By the way: not to be harsh on pdaaps, but doesn't this move seem like a copycat Mantragroup's Causerie? (which also has better bots, though I like the Verichat UI and robusteness (?) better)
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    i have 14 bots on my thingie...
    I forgot Cricket Live, which is a pdaaps thing I guess (I met the developer at Palmsource Munich). I doesn't do anything atm (the bot I mean)
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    How is it copying. These are pretty standard features for IM. It just took awhile for Verichat to catch up. Did you also notice that you can have multiple accounts on the same platform (two aim accounts at the same time!)? If you don't want bots then don't get this "premium" edition
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast