Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by djr
    I forgot Cricket Live, which is a pdaaps thing I guess (I met the developer at Palmsource Munich). I doesn't do anything atm (the bot I mean)

From an email to support@pdaapps.com

Cricket Live is a "Scores and News for the Game of Cricket", currently having technical issues.

Do the Dutch play Cricket?
    Quote Originally Posted by treo_fanatic
    From an email to support@pdaapps.com

Cricket Live is a "Scores and News for the Game of Cricket", currently having technical issues.

Do the Dutch play Cricket?
    I guess we do (FYI, I just googled that since I didn't knew this myself)
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    How is it copying. These are pretty standard features for IM. It just took awhile for Verichat to catch up. Did you also notice that you can have multiple accounts on the same platform (two aim accounts at the same time!)? If you don't want bots then don't get this "premium" edition
    I noticed the multiple accounts and those are very welcome in my case, but then I have to buy the version with Bot support of which almost half are useless. Again, don't get me wrong here. I absolutely love Verichat. The copycat remark was merely a observation and you're right about the bot support (for desktop IM's that is, 'cos Causerie was first on the pda if I recall correctly). I actually use Miranda IM which also features bots.
    As a heads up, I'd like to see some of the Causerie bots ported to/in Verichat (Google, eBay, Gmail come to mind)
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Most of the bots are directly copied from Causerie.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Silly question. How do you set up bots?
    It's working really well on my 650, just a bit expensive, but I guess if we use it enough, it will pay itself off.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    From what I'm seeing you can't. It's Pdaapps' call as of what bots we will be getting.
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Two resets tonight using this version.
    It's being taken OFF
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    When you are in the chat window, click the icon of the bot. There is Add buddymark in the Chat menu. It will create a bookmark that you can rename and save.
    To access this bookmark, go to Applications and click the bookmark.
    For example, when I click the bookmark for Weather bot, it displays Weather for Madison, Wisconsin.
    I just upgraded from 2.58 to this version OTA. Now when I click on license info it says "Demo" and expires 16 Mar 2005. I'm assuming I have to revert back to 2.58 for my standard license to work. Are all OTA upgrades going to be the PRO version from now on?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Downloaded 2.75b on my treo 650 via the sprint network tonight. Used it most of the evening. No resets here. I deleted about half the bots tho. Not even sure i'll use the rest of them
    This link has some useful information about the bots and how to setup the bots.
    http://www.pdaapps.com/verichat/bots.html
    has anyone noticed that once you delete the bots they come back when you relaunch
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    How do you use non midi alerts? It says this version supports non-midi alerts and .wav files. It would be super cool and super annoying to have the aim sound or ichat notification for my alert tone! Any ideas?

Evan
    I'm trying to figure that out too Evan...
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    I'm trying to figure that out too Evan...
    This is how I did it. I IMed myself (on the Treo) via my MSN Messenger (on the PC) my favourite wav file (the Yahoo knock.wav). Then I can find in Verichat when I go to the Sounds and alerts form in Verichat preferences.
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    has anyone noticed that once you delete the bots they come back when you relaunch

not for me, mines stay deleted.
    Can Treo 650 users tell me how much space this takes up in RAM? The base app and the bots? And can any part of this, either the app or the bots run from the SD card?

Freespace, the final frontier

Thanks,
    Last edited by BillPetro; 03/02/2005 at 03:07 PM. Reason: addition
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Installed it and it's been playing "nicely" with other apps. No resets so far. Currently have it setup to 'always-on' via SMS.
    Chris

Evolution: PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Visor Prism > iPaq 3955 > iPaq 4155 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by BillPetro
    Can Treo 650 users tell me how much space this takes up in RAM? The base app and the bots? And can any part of this, either the app or the bots run from the SD card?

Freespace, the final frontier

Thanks,
    According to Filez:

Main application takes 709k
    9 other files take up about another 133k
    Each bot takes about 4.5k
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast