1.    #1  
    WOW! I have flight status, driving directions, weather, local info, yellow pages, world time, movie info, sports info, language converter, currency converter, dictionary........ all built in!! I can delete half the apps I have installed....lol

Bek
    Well hook us up with a link or Prc.

Ok, I guess I could google it, what's the latest version?
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Well hook us up with a link or Prc.

Ok, I guess I could google it, what's the latest version?

Actually I own a year of Verichat, and when I logged on, it asks if you want to update... I don't have a link Sorry!

Bek

PS< It also includes bots and multiple connections for all you Causerie lovers. lol
    http://www.verichat.com will get you there...
    Thanks Doug, I googled it but went to your link anyway to see if it was the same. Really don't know which version Bek is using but I took the latest version listed there.

I'm a little confused about the SMS Data rate thingy though. I never had a problem with messanging before, and really don't want any additional expenses for texting.

Cannot seem to download the latest Beta that it prompts you to upgrade on the Treo. Keep getting "Error error (0x0116)" I have enough memory so I don't know what's up.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Try downloading the latest non-beta. You can then choose to have it automatically download and update itself with the latest software.

I forget the actual options, but you can choose to use either the data connection alone or SMS, your choice. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it can either just use your normal data connection all the time (in which case it runs down the battery a little faster) or can avoid running down the battery but receive an SMS instead of data when "sleeping" to wake it up (after that, it uses the data connection).

It's a choice between battery life and SMS usage, but not that much SMS (just one to wake it up every time a conversation starts while your phone is off).
    Hehe, I thought I had enough space. I took off about 10 pics from my Album and it downloaded just fine. I'm kinda diggin this Bot's thing! Oh the Movie section is sweet!

I may just be picking up this app when the Trial runs out.

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Hehe, I thought I had enough space. I took off about 10 pics from my Album and it downloaded just fine. I'm kinda diggin this Bot's thing! Oh the Movie section is sweet!

I may just be picking up this app when the Trial runs out.
    I just used the flight status to let a friend of mine in Miami know that his flight was delayed an hour before they even announced it in the airport!

Bek

ps, you can add a "buddymark" to your applications menu to quickly get into these different bots.. like the movies or driving directions, etc. I put the yellow pages as a buddy mark.. pretty fun!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    I just used the flight status to let a friend of mine in Miami know that his flight was delayed an hour before they even announced it in the airport!

Bek

ps, you can add a "buddymark" to your applications menu to quickly get into these different bots.. like the movies or driving directions, etc. I put the yellow pages as a buddy mark.. pretty fun!

Anyone know what Cricket Live is?
    does verichat allow you to receive IM's from ppl not on your buddy list now? I used to use verichat a while back and that was one weakness I didn't like. chatter didn't have this weakness and I'm still using it for IM / email right now. I'll be looking at a new IM program soon since the newest chatter betas do not support IM anymore...
    -- berto
    Quote Originally Posted by bertopl
    does verichat allow you to receive IM's from ppl not on your buddy list now? I used to use verichat a while back and that was one weakness I didn't like. chatter didn't have this weakness and I'm still using it for IM / email right now. I'll be looking at a new IM program soon since the newest chatter betas do not support IM anymore...
    Check out Causerie..good competition for Verichat and my personal preference (www.mantragroup.com). Version 2.0 supposed to be released today...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Just tried out the new version (2.75b) and the new bots features is actually pretty cool. When I first ran this new version, a message came up about the new bots feature being a trial. So once this trial expires and we decide to keep the bots, that means we have to pay extra?

Anyways, for the people who are interested to see how the new version looks like, here ya go...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bertopl
    does verichat allow you to receive IM's from ppl not on your buddy list now? I used to use verichat a while back and that was one weakness I didn't like.
    It sure does, has done for a while now, and let's you completely control how this is to be done.
    I think its a lot easier using the web to get the info
    <center>Ultimate portal
    www.WebOnYourCell.com
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoFever
    I think its a lot easier using the web to get the info
    Well I just added webonyourcell.com to my favorites and have tested it out.. it's not bad for free. Verichat is faster though. I'll keep that portal in my favs

Bek
    Isn't bots a feature of Premium version of VeriChat?
    Quote Originally Posted by robin24k
    Isn't bots a feature of Premium version of VeriChat?
    Ya it is. When I ran Verichat today it prompt me for the upgrade. Which I accepted. I then check my license info and It's now DEMO ending Mar 16th. So I assume when the trial ends I have to revert back to Standard version. I hope there will still be OTA upgrades for the Standard version.