1.    #1  
    I tried the following two paths but they didn't work:

1. Install it straight to the SD card. The 'mail' button launches the installation page again. I have to switch the view to the SD card and launch it by clicking on the Xpress mail icon.

2. Install it on the phone and copy it to SD card then delete it from the phone. The 'mail' button launches the installation page again. Can't find the Xpress mail icon on the SD card so this approach doesn't even allow me to start Xpress mail at all.

Is there a way to put it on the SD card with just the PalmOne utilities (e.g. without adding zLauncher and others)?

Thanks.
    I tried all sorts of different things but was never able to successfully get this to work. I would be interested in knowing if its possible.
  3.    #3  
    Xpress mail can fill up the limited phone storage if I get attachments (which I want to).

Help!

If somebody tried and couldn't get it to work on the SD card, please post also. This is so we won't be trying repeat the effort to find something that's not possible.

Thanks.
    I really don't think it's possible, which is why I run XpressMail, Snappermail, and Xiino in the RAM instead of the card, it's the only way for the OS to know they are there.
    Xpress Mail and Snapper mail I want to map to the hard buttons, so they have to reside in RAM. You can't launch a link to open up to Xiino from Snappermail unless Xiino is in RAM, if it's on the card you can't launch a link to Xiino from another app.

Java, Snappermail, Xpress Mail, Xiino, Movian VPN, and pTunes (won't run on card) and my RAM is now 50% full.
    Everything else is on the card.
    I'd like to see some app developers create mini launchers (just a few K) that you install in the RAM and can map to the buttons, but when you launch them they load the real app from the card. Would be a nice hack. By the way, snappermail will still auto-check mail on a schedule even if it's on the card, but you still can't map a button to it or set it as your default mail program.

There is a program called MS Mount. It'll 'mount' anything that's in the /palm/program/MSmount directory and make it appear to reside in RAM. You can only put read-only files in that directory (it can't write to them.) I did successfully get all of the apps (even xpress mail) here and it worked like a charm. However, the mere existence of MS mount running makes the UI draw slowly in some programs (even if the program isn't on the card in the MSMount directory.) If you use it, only put the xpressmail.prc (800-900K) file there, don't try to move the databases.

So in a pinch, you can try it, but I didn't like the side effects. There's a program called memoryjack which is in closed beta for the Treo 600 and hopefully some day they'll have one working on the Treo 650. It supposedly works very well allowing files to be read and written while they are on the card and appear to the OS that they are in RAM (effectively makes your memory the size of your card.)

My advice is to pick what you really need (like Xpress mail is necessary to me.) for RAM, put everything else on the card, and toss what you really never use.
    Like verichat. I always had it, but never used it in a year. I always just forward my IM's through SMS. So I decided it has no room in my Treo.

Here's where to find MSMount:
    http://www.geocities.jp/tatsuonagama...t5/index-e.htm
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G