1.    #1  
    I placed an order yesterday in Boxwave for 1 Set of screenprotectors for my Treo 600. When I placed the order the site stated that I could not process the order because my addresses did not with my card address. So i made sure my address was correct and proceeded again with my order palcemenet. I still received an error (without a confirmation# or anything).

Anyways, thinking that my order did not process I called my card company and had them verify my address and it was different then my current address. To make a long story short....I dod not think my order was process because I did not receive a confirmation.

I went into my card information today and Boxwave deducted not just for 1 oder but deducted 3 orders.

02-28 *DEBIT AUTHORIZATION
    BOXWAVE CORPORATIO KIRKLAND WA } $ 32.45

I do not need 9 screen protectors at this time, just the initial 3. I obtained a phone number for them and left a voice mail. I also sent emails to customer service and sales dept.

Does anyone know another way I can contact this company?

Appreciate any assistance.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scttyrock
    I placed an order yesterday in Boxwave for 1 Set of screenprotectors for my Treo 600. When I placed the order the site stated that I could not process the order because my addresses did not with my card address. So i made sure my address was correct and proceeded again with my order palcemenet. I still received an error (without a confirmation# or anything).

Anyways, thinking that my order did not process I called my card company and had them verify my address and it was different then my current address. To make a long story short....I dod not think my order was process because I did not receive a confirmation.

I went into my card information today and Boxwave deducted not just for 1 oder but deducted 3 orders.

I do not need 9 screen protectors at this time, just the initial 3. I obtained a phone number for them and left a voice mail. I also sent emails to customer service and sales dept.

Does anyone know another way I can contact this company?

Appreciate any assistance.
    i have been trying to get boxwave to respond to a pm for days now
    mt
  3.    #3  
    This is the reply I received:
    Dear Scott,

Thank you for your email!

I am sorry to inform you that I was unable to locate your order using your name or email address. It may be possible that you have entered the incorrect email address when placing the order therefore our confirmation email was not able to reach you. If you can provide me with your order number or other information you placed your order under, it will be most helpful for me to look into this problem.

I look forward to yrou reply so I may further asisst you!

Best Regards,

Winkie
    BoxWave Customer Service
    http://www.boxwave.com

I responded to them with my information that I placed the order under. In my initial email i informed them that I did not receive confirmation within the ordering process that the transaction was successful. I've sent additional emails and also left them a v-mail: 1-425-828-6641 ( think I have dialed this number like 20 times today)

I guess I should have been more wary when a company does not post a contact number on their site.
    So many boxwave problems lately...

Just order these...

www.overlayplus.com

I've used Boxwave Crystals (and love them), these are maybe just a bit clearer (if that's even possible), they seem to resist scratches better, my stylus seems to react bit better and they're a couple of bucks less by the each.

Hopefully TC will come out with their own 'Crystals' that will be substantially less... I suspect Boxwave has been making a more than ample profit on us.

Good Luck... sorry for your problem.
    Another excellent reason to use your CREDIT card (NOT your DEBIT card) when ordering things on the internet. If something like this happens you can dispute the charges after making a reasonable effort on your own. And, just to make it even more fun, disputes like that cost the vendor money.

Sorry about your troubles though!

ChickenHawk
    Enjoy your $90 worth of plastic squares
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the responses...I initially had doubts about ordering from Boxwave and I should have gone with that...
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk
    Another excellent reason to use your CREDIT card (NOT your DEBIT card) when ordering things on the internet. If something like this happens you can dispute the charges after making a reasonable effort on your own. And, just to make it even more fun, disputes like that cost the vendor money.
    If someone uses your debit card (or credit card) to make unauthorized transactions, you can get your bank to reverse those charges.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by scttyrock
    I have been having the same problem while trying to order with Boxwave and in my case I am sure my billing address is correct. Other than the sime problem while ordering it seems the other thing common is that I am also using a Debit card. I wonder if that has something to do with this problem.

PS: I just called my bank and reconfirmed that the billing address on record is correct.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 03/02/2005 at 01:57 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    If someone uses your debit card (or credit card) to make unauthorized transactions, you can get your bank to reverse those charges.
    Usually true, but you have better protections with a credit card, both at your bank and by law. Don't get me wrong, I use my debit card tons, but when ordering over the internet (where I can't walk back into the store and discuss issues with the merchant) I always use my credit card.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    FWIW, those might be temporary authorizations, and the ultimate total may end up being the correct amount. Of course, it's stupid to authorize for three as this is unlike a gas station when the merchant doesn't know how much you are going to buy when he authorizes the transaction
  12.    #12  
    I just want to add that Boxwave (once you do get a hold of them) are very helpful in trying to resolve your problems (the key is getting ahold of them...usuallyafter 5pm EST).