1.    #1  
    Occasionally my new Treo 650 GSM unlocked will be very slow to respond to key presses (to wake it up, for example). Has anyone else seen this? What could be causing it?
    I had a similar problem with my first 650 (yes, my first one). Eventually, the unit would slow down to the point it would freeze. Once it froze, I had to do a reset to get it back. And of course, because it froze, there was no error information.
    Palm1 tech support had me send it back for a new one. The new one is more stable except for occasional resets. So as it turned out, it was a bad unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by JMBuckman
    I had a similar problem with my first 650 (yes, my first one). Eventually, the unit would slow down to the point it would freeze. Once it froze, I had to do a reset to get it back. And of course, because it froze, there was no error information.
    Palm1 tech support had me send it back for a new one. The new one is more stable except for occasional resets. So as it turned out, it was a bad unit.
    i had the same problem. I returned mine because of that and a half-dead "g" key. I haven't had the problem since.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  4.    #4  
    I *just* received mine. How long ago did you guys receive the defective units?
    There was a thread not to long ago about problems powering on the 650 with the hard buttons. There was mention of the problem being alleviated by turning off bluetooth but it didn't seem to help everyone. I tried tunring off bluetooth and it seemed to have made a difference but still not perfect.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by creighton
    There was a thread not to long ago about problems powering on the 650 with the hard buttons. There was mention of the problem being alleviated by turning off bluetooth but it didn't seem to help everyone. I tried tunring off bluetooth and it seemed to have made a difference but still not perfect.
    So you never tried exchanging your unit?
    No, I haven't tried exchanging my phone... yet. Despite the headaches I've had with it, I've read of people having much worse. I have some fear that if I exchange my phone Murphy's Law will dictate that my replacement will suffer from ailments far worse than my current POS!