Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    That 'only thing' was exactly what I was looking for
    i totally agree with you.... when i first installed zlauncher it took me quite some time to understand what was where, kinda steep learning curve. but when i installed launcherX, i was using it within a matter of seconds and totally loved the interface.

my point here is, if i can make ZL to look as simple and clean as LX, and knowing that i can get more out of the program, why should i still want to go the LX way?

pls don't get me wrong, some of u might say who's stopping me from using ZL, nobody is putting a gun to my head to use either software.... just wanna be sure before making a choice

so what do ya think?
    Quote Originally Posted by viper_
    pls don't get me wrong, some of u might say who's stopping me from using ZL, nobody is putting a gun to my head to use either software.... just wanna be sure before making a choice

so what do ya think?
    Ultimately, it'll come down to you. If you prefer one over another, no one will fault you.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by viper_
    my point here is, if i can make ZL to look as simple and clean as LX, and knowing that i can get more out of the program, why should i still want to go the LX way?
    I'd say in that case you've made up your mind and should probably use ZL

In the end it's a personal decision I think
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    I'd say in that case you've made up your mind and should probably use ZL
    yeah.. i guess u're rite... gonna stick with ZL!

btw, just tried out chatter with fusemail... just too good!
    Has anybody experienced any issues with the hacked v 1.1.1?
    I have had a couple of resets in the last few days "without even touching my phone". I know, gee what a surprise!!! Anyways, it will be sitting on my desk and it resets, a #*377 (dial) said "A reset was caused on x/xx/xx at xx:xx while running "LauncherX", Fatal Exception.
    I'm also getting the exact same scenario but with TakePhone.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    There have been no reported error messages from people using LX Version 1.1.1 or the patch, 1.1.2b, other than this report, as far as I can recall.

millerhifi, if you really think this problem is related to Launcher X, and if the error message includes "Launcher X" and "Fatal Exception," maybe it really is a Launcher X gremlin. If you suspect this is the case:

1) Exit Launcher X. Use your Treo 650's built-in launcher to delete Launcher X. Don't use a third-party file manager to uninstall it.

2) Perform a soft reset. Next, perform a HotSync. This will totally wipe your Launcher X files, including database.

3) Take your 650 for a test drive. Is all well?

4) If all is well, download and install Launcher X Version 1.1.1 from the Launcher X Web site. I think it will be safe to do so.

5) Install the patch, 1.1.2b, right on top of Version 1.1.1.
    Last edited by pamd; 03/09/2005 at 03:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I have 1.1.1 installed with the patch. After a call comes in, the home screen doesn't display. As I press direction keys, some icons appear. I have to refresh or re-run LauncherX to fix.
    Hi dzenc,
    This is probably a long shot, but are you able to fix the press center for Alerts which seems to be broken in my LX now? I have the patched LauncherX installed (thanks a ton by the way!), but I lost the ability to press and hold center for the Attention Manager overview. Appreciated if you look into that. Thanks!
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    <small bump>
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Quote Originally Posted by dzenc
    Here's an even cheaper solution. ;-)
    Wow thanks very much. I have missed my favorite Launcher on my Treo until now. You solution worked perfectly!
    dzenc or any others with technical skills: can you figure out how to get the Bluetooth indicator to show in Launcher X? There is definitely room between the signal strength indicator and the corner battery icon...
    For all 650 users who read the thread-starter, then didn't have time to read every subsequent post, I'd like to steer you directly toward dzenc's Launcher X patch for the center button of the 650's five-way navigator. No need to understand coding. Just read the simple instructions, download, install and enjoy!

Dan's patch is on the Launcher X discussion board near the top of the main forums page.
    I have encountered a problem with the patch for LX on the Treo 650. When trying to Hotsync, I get kicked out immediately with an error message from Hotsync saying "Protocol Error: Handheld canceled synchronization. (4405)" On the 650, the message says "Memory Manager .c Line:3779, invalid handle". A soft reset won't help the Hotsync issue at all, even after deleting LX entirely. It still won't hotsync, the same messages coming up above. LX works fine if loaded onto the 650, but Hotsync seems broken. Help?
    Quote Originally Posted by mdasac
    I have encountered a problem with the patch for LX on the Treo 650. When trying to Hotsync, I get kicked out immediately with an error message from Hotsync saying "Protocol Error: Handheld canceled synchronization. (4405)" On the 650, the message says "Memory Manager .c Line:3779, invalid handle". A soft reset won't help the Hotsync issue at all, even after deleting LX entirely. It still won't hotsync, the same messages coming up above. LX works fine if loaded onto the 650, but Hotsync seems broken. Help?
    Go to the native launcher. Use it to delete LauncherX. Do a soft reset. Then try to hotsync. Report results.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Go to the native launcher. Use it to delete LauncherX. Do a soft reset. Then try to hotsync. Report results.
    Thanks, but it didn't work. What did work (at least for now, though I have sync'd again several times and it seems fine) was a reset of my PC after deleting LX and then reinstalling the two LX app's (theirs and the patch), and resyncing. So far so good.

After all this, and no attacks here, what is the advantage of Dan's patch over the LX posted patch? Don't they both allow for the use of the central button? What else does Dan's do?
    What is the MD5 Hash of the new .prc file?

I made the HEX changes and sync'd... all I get is a horizontal color stripe and what appears to be the Launcher X refresh icon at the top of the screen.

Thankx
    So I recoded and followed all of the instructions in this thread, what I have now, is a Treo 650 that works as long as I don't try to access the Applications/Home screen. If I do that, the Treo freezes and all I see is a colored bar and the refresh icon (from Launcher X). When I soft reset, I can get to the phone, email, contacts, calendar apps by using the shortcut keys assigned to those apps.

I tried syncing the patched launcher x hoping that would fix it... same problem

i tried sybncing the original unaltered launcher x hoping that would fix... it didn't

finally i performed a hard reset, that hotsync to restore contacts, etc....guess what... clicked the home button and.... same crash as above...

what the hell is going on? please help....!
    Did you edit the file yourself, or are you using the one posted?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    You need to over write your
    "LauncherX cachedIconds.pdb"
    "LauncherX Database.pdb"
    "LauncherX ToBeDeleted.pdb"

I do this when I have a problem and it solves it. I keep a good copy just in case.

If you have a copy from before you did the update it should be OK
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I first edited the file myself...

After that didn't work, I removed it from the Treo and the backup folder on my computer, and tried the posted patch.

That, again, didn't work. Can you just walk me through the steps... I'm hard resetting... Do I sync all of my info from desktop to palm, then quick install launcher x, then quick install launcher x patch?

if i'm at square 1, what's the order?

i went from a little concerned to frantic!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast