1.    #1  
    This was buried in another thread, I though I'd bring it up here for high visbility for those who use (or want to use) LauncherX on a Treo 650.

$12 fix for LauncherX

Pay for Butler, use the side rocker/button reassignment feature to make the rocker be "move" and the button be "select" - you can now move around and select in LauncherX using the side rocker and side button.
    Last edited by westronic; 03/01/2005 at 12:26 PM.
    Hey, there is a free one too. Select the firest letter of the app and use the return. There are lopts aways around the problem, but that is it... work arounds. I like LauncherX, and do feel sorrow for the family and friends of the developer, but the person who bought the rights is basically just not interested in fixing the program in this regards. At least not in the short term. So you either do work arounds or go to another launcher it seems.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by wareynolds
    Hey, there is a free one too. Select the firest letter of the app and use the return. There are lopts aways around the problem, but that is it... work arounds. I like LauncherX, and do feel sorrow for the family and friends of the developer, but the person who bought the rights is basically just not interested in fixing the program in this regards. At least not in the short term. So you either do work arounds or go to another launcher it seems.
    Yes, it's a workaround - but it's one you can do even when in a case that protects the keyboard, which is why I mentioned it.

Of course, the real fix is for LauncherX to get fixed for the Treo 650 hardware implementation. This will happen soon, I hope (I'm an optimist!).
    My solution was to switch to ZLauncher Now that I have made the move, I am loving it (especially for the memory management).
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    I posted a patch for LauncherX on the 650 in the following thread:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=75661
    And I'll vouch for the fact that it works!!!

(Was just about to post that link)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    So can I - works like a charm!