Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Yeah just thought i would share.

    Well my first Treo 650 was bugged...time bug, unresponsive, locks up blah blah blah.

    Got my new one, opened it sunday, and then did a sync to the new unit. The time bug went with it.

    I was playing with a whole bunch of apps, and well the memory was down about 9MB left, so i decided to remove everything from my computer (clean uninstall, followed by purging of remaining directories)...

    Hard reset the Treo 650. Sent each program one by one. Configured Versamail thru my computer (and not on the handheld like last time)...and well my Treo 650 now flies.....time bug gone...it stays in the MONTREAL time zone, with network time enabled and such. Me so happy..me dance now...bah now i have to shovel snow

    Now im debating whether or not to get MMPlayer and start adding video to my SD card, and whether or not i should purchase a T66 to compare with my T65 (Vaja ivoluiton)

    Oh yeah Unlocked GSM btw
  2. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #2  
    I did a clean install as well and I am glad to say I saved about 5mb of memory and it is running very stable.
  3. #3  
    Sounds like the same thing some Treo 600 owners had to do after that last Treo 600 patch messed them up. Although with my T600 that didn't work.

    I guess with the Palm OS just like with Windows, the old FORMAT C:\ (hard reset) fixes everything .
  4. glenada's Avatar
    Posts
    777 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #4  
    mo fo:

    on your pc, did you delete your backup, archive, etc. folders when you did a clean reinstall?
  5. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada
    mo fo:

    on your pc, did you delete your backup, archive, etc. folders when you did a clean reinstall?
    I deleted every thing inside the backup folder. Just so it is clear make a backup of your backup folder and store it with your software.
  6. glenada's Avatar
    Posts
    777 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I deleted every thing inside the backup folder. Just so it is clear make a backup of your backup folder and store it with your software.
    Thanks!
  7. #7  
    I did a hard reset and reinstalled my apps one-by-one and my device has been rock solid ever since. The first app on was Uninstall Manager so I don't have to worry about rouge files cluttering up/slowing down my Treo. Gone are the random crashes, slow response, etc. I highly recommend doing this if your Treo is giving you problems.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    Yeah just thought i would share.

    Well my first Treo 650 was bugged...time bug, unresponsive, locks up blah blah blah.

    Got my new one, opened it sunday, and then did a sync to the new unit. The time bug went with it.

    I was playing with a whole bunch of apps, and well the memory was down about 9MB left, so i decided to remove everything from my computer (clean uninstall, followed by purging of remaining directories)...

    Hard reset the Treo 650. Sent each program one by one. Configured Versamail thru my computer (and not on the handheld like last time)...and well my Treo 650 now flies.....time bug gone...it stays in the MONTREAL time zone, with network time enabled and such. Me so happy..me dance now...bah now i have to shovel snow

    Now im debating whether or not to get MMPlayer and start adding video to my SD card, and whether or not i should purchase a T66 to compare with my T65 (Vaja ivoluiton)

    Oh yeah Unlocked GSM btw
    Congrats Hofo!
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  9.    #9  
    that was a lot of snow

    Anyways like on my Treo 600, before i do a hard reset i make sure to move my hotsync folder, in this case "kallad" to another directory.

    Then i uninstalled the program thru the control panel
    rebooted, and deleted the left overs in the program files folder, as well as checking in common files, documents and settings (invisible folders application data and local settings)

    I then hard resetted my treo 650 and deleted all the information. so basically what i am at is as if i had just gotten the unit, and taken it out of the box. Then i popped in the CD, and did another install of the software and such, and well the rest is history

Posting Permissions