Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey all, well version 1.4 is finally available, sorry for the delay. It includes the following improvements:

1. OWA forms based login
    2. Programmatic network failure recovery
    3. We disabled HyperSync due to stability issues but we might (in release 1.5) include it as an experimental option
    4. The first letter in the hostname is now lowercase
    5. All fields on the prefs form are scrollable
    6. A few network optimization settings

So dont wait, go get it on palmgear or handango...and/or from our site tomorrow, im to tired to post it now

We have bumped the trial to 30 days too
    How long till the email version is out?
  3.    #3  
    Hey tDot, in a week or two. We are so excited to get email out to everyone.
    Does Nexchange require Exchange Activesync? When available will e-mail be real-time or require scheduled or manual synchronizations? Do synchronized calendar entries appear in the default Palm calendar app? TIA.
    For references (I was looking for links as I've never heard about this app before):
    Palmgear
    Handango
    Nextworks, the developer

You might want to include those links yourself next time I understand the enthusiasm, but if you're going to promote your app, please point people in the right direction first (unless the board rules specifically forbid you too and I forgot that)

Thanks,
    Jean-Paul Horn,
    webmaster Palmclub.nl / Dutch Palm User Group
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Quote Originally Posted by creighton
    Does Nexchange require Exchange Activesync? When available will e-mail be real-time or require scheduled or manual synchronizations? Do synchronized calendar entries appear in the default Palm calendar app? TIA.
    From the Nextworks FAQ page
    How does this product compare to Microsoft's Active sync application? [top of page]

The benefit of our product over Microsoft's is that it runs on all PalmOS devices 3.5.1 and higher (including the new 6.1 Cobalt). The only non-Microsoft operating system that Active sync works on is the Treo 650. Our product also includes Tasks and Notes (Microsoft's does not).
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Last, there's quite a long thread on Nexchange right here on Treocentral: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=72977
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
  8.    #8  
    creighton, as djr has referenced...Nexchange does not require activesync and in actuality Nexchange completely replaces activesync and adds notes and tasks functionality.

djr, thank you for the kind words. I am not sure if i would be violating the board by posting direct links to our product so i just dont risk it...i like it here too much to risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtdionne
    djr, thank you for the kind words. I am not sure if i would be violating the board by posting direct links to our product so i just dont risk it...i like it here too much to risk.
    Understood I just finished readong the other thread and you were a little too enthoustiatic at first , so I see where you're coming from not posting the links Fortunately for you, I just did that, so no harm done for you and more people drawn to your product.

As I'm just a very small company (just me and my wife as freelance journalists), we don't have Exchange. But I'm VERY interested in your proposed product for the synchronisation of local .PST files! That would not only totally eliminate the requirement for the middleware, but also for Exchange (and server and maintenance costs to go with that).

Thanks .. I bookmarked both topics for future reference.
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    About e-mail, will it be real time, or scheduled/manual sync?
  11.    #11  
    djr, how about this...if you go here https://www.nextworks.com/helpdesk , register and log a case asking for status on NexChange Personal, i will be sure to include you in the beta
  12.    #12  
    creighton, sorry for missing that the first time...email will be on user customizable schedule with the default set to every 5 min. We tested realtime and it was too impractical for a device that cant communicate voice and data simultaniously
    djr, how about this...if you go here https://www.nextworks.com/helpdesk , register and log a case asking for status on NexChange Personal, i will be sure to include you in the beta
    Done and done, looking forward to it. Please take your time polishing and finishing Nexchange Professional first, as I'm in no real hurry (though I really like and could use the abiity!)
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Thanks for the quick response.
    Hey tDot, in a week or two. We are so excited to get email out to everyone.

dtdionne, how is this coming? Can I download a beta yet?
  16.    #16  
    tDot, very very close...couple of days or so. We have also made a bunch of stability improvements.
    I am in great need of a way to get my corp email from exchange i got rid of the blackberry cause i thought the treo looked great and would be better but now i cant get my email as our IT guys say they done host a IMAP4 server outside the firewall and they wont install any middle ware for me. also i would like to offer my programing help if needed anything to speed up the release of a working program to get my email off the exchange server they do have OWA up and running.

you can email me at info@mrltech.com (this isnt the email i am trying to get to work with my treo)
    tDot, very very close...couple of days or so. We have also made a bunch of stability improvements.
    The wait is killing me! Does the delay signal more complexity than you anticipated in adding EMAIL?
  19.    #19  
    Hey all, sorry for the delayed communication. We are making outstanding progress on the app. We have identified many stability issues and are fixing them. The biggest issue we were having was with memory management during a sync with somewhat large (+2000 items) datastores. We are very close to resolving this issue which will make large sync's (+10,000 item) possible. Also, email is done and great but i have held off releasing 1.5 because i want the memory managment issues resolved before hand.

Also, we are going to be expanding the company and are looking for sr. palm, symbian and blackberry developers...so if anyone is interested, drop me an email or call me.
    Thanks for the udpate. But, when will be the expected avaiable day? The built in ActiveSync in Treo 650 is not really working. So I guess many Treo 650 userswill also intresetd in your new release.
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast