Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Tried it and had the same connection problem I experienced with 1.5b. Seems the support portal is offline again, so I'll post a bit hear about what I've experienced.

I first tried just dropping in 1.5c w/o doing anything else (like deleting config and sync DB's). Started up OK and I didn't get an auth problem (I noted that the Exchange Folder value was empty)... but when progress got to the point where it should be counting items to check.... nada. I waited a few minutes and eventually it jumped to the status screen indicating nothing was done... but no error.

Realzing this was incorrect, I next took the step of deleting all the assoc Next* database files, just leaving the .PRC. Upon starting up, had to go through config. This time, the Exchange Folder was populated with the default "exchange" I saw in 1.5b. I left it that way and summarily got the same timeout/auth problem I saw in "b". When I blanked out the Exchange Folder, I noticed that I didn't get an auth failure, but I had a repeat of the aforementioned sync failure (no count-up, no sync, but got results w/ all zeros). And, interestingly, I had resulting GPRS connection problems so bad I had to restart the device to recover -- continuously got GRPS failures, even after cycling the radio.

So.... I'm back on 1.5a again. I was hoping to put these notes into my support ticket, but that will need to wait for the portal to be back onlne.
    So what's up with the support helpdesk? It seems to have been down for two days and no updates here? Getting a little nervous about whether this is a viable endeavor ...
  3.    #143  
    Hey all....I finally got the helpdesk back up. I had to do some interesting virtual directory(ing) to get it.
    Is this app still alive? I've not be successful in moving to 1.5b or c, have cases submitted and haven't heard a peep in a while even after pinging on them. I'm beginning to wonder if I should hold out hope, or start looking for alternatives... ?
  5.    #145  
    Hey, its still alive although, but to be completely honest, we are all fighting some serious burnout and have suffered some substantial setbacks. And to keep being honest, i can't believe how incredibly hard it is to keep things going, even if they are great ideas. I would have to say that I would not have tried to do this if i whold have known how hard and terrifying it was going to be.

im looking at your cases now bill.
    Well, glad to know you're still out there. I can understand how it might seem quite daunting now... but this is something no one else has out there right now, so there are those of us out here who truly appreciate the continued efforts.
    Yep, you will be highly rewarded. It'll be nice to sit back and say that your helped innovate an industry. Now, back to work!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Does anyone have any update on this application? I have not seen any postings form Dave in a while and the help desk on the site is not accessible. Anyone have any info?
    I know he's been having difficulty with keeping the helpdesk up. there have been a signoficant number of debug builds on 1.5c, as I understand it. but no new published release as yet. I did, in the meantime, work with Dave to isolate (and they fixed) the problem affecting cookie-based logins to OWA.
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    I know he's been having difficulty with keeping the helpdesk up. there have been a signoficant number of debug builds on 1.5c, as I understand it. but no new published release as yet. I did, in the meantime, work with Dave to isolate (and they fixed) the problem affecting cookie-based logins to OWA.
    If Dave is soliciting suggestions (...well even if he's not ) I've got one: scrap the helpdesk thing and just set up a forum similar to the one Marc runs for Chatter. Nextworks seems to be running some trial version CRM/helpdesk system. It clearly doesn't work and appears to be overly complex. I opened a ticket over a week ago and haven't heard anything. I haven't tried following-up by e-mail or phone, but still...

They should solicit feedback in an open forum where beta testers can contribute to the success of the product. It's a great idea and - given what I've found during some pretty in depth research - it's the only game in town for non-redirector, non-subscription based, over-the-air sync to Exchange. If I had a bit more confidence that it would work and be supported down the road, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
    phurth - Great ideas.

Marc
  12.    #152  
    hey all...we have been burried in the code to get it finished. the helpdesk is really good, unfortunaly im the only one on it so, im getting the tickets...i just dont have a chance to get to all of them and almost all of the issues we are aware of. so with very limited resources we decided to just focus and get them done which will solve 99% of the issues most are having. Also we took a beating when dennis came thru and our data center was down long after the batteries ran out...i have not gotten the helpdesk back up but will do so in the next couple of days.

Nexchange corp lite is done and mail is close...here is the latest release of corp lite:
    http://www.nextworks.com/nexchange/n...change1.5c.zip

I will post the lastest of nexmail as soon as we workout a timing issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtdionne
    Nexchange corp lite is done and mail is close...here is the latest release of corp lite:
    http://www.nextworks.com/nexchange/n...change1.5c.zip
    dtdionne - Is this build of 1.5c any different from the 1.5c I would have downloaded about a week and a half ago?

Pete
    i have not gotten the helpdesk back up but will do so in the next couple of days.
    FWIW I still think you'd be better served by creating a forum where users could even help each other out... might save you some work.

Pete
  15.    #155  
    phurth, yeah, this one is MUCH MUCH better. It is the release version baring any huge issues found this week. And i just dont have time to set anything else up.
    phurth, yeah, this one is MUCH MUCH better. It is the release version baring any huge issues found this week. And i just dont have time to set anything else up.
    I gave it a whirl... I'm getting a "Unable to contact server" error message.

I'm sure I'm using the correct Exchange settings. They're the same ones I use for OWA in a web browser (also, I've tried every conceivable variation, SSL vs. no SSL etc...). Do you have any documentation you can point me to?

Pete

Might want to name it 1.5d then if it is a new version....for some of us who assume it would be the same one
  18.    #158  
    phurth, could you call me at 256-468-6398? there are a couple of settings that are critical to get right if you have a slightly non-standard config.
  19.    #159  
    I will do that dtt...
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    I gave it a whirl... I'm getting a "Unable to contact server" error message.

I'm sure I'm using the correct Exchange settings. They're the same ones I use for OWA in a web browser (also, I've tried every conceivable variation, SSL vs. no SSL etc...). Do you have any documentation you can point me to?

Pete

I am having the same problem....
    Any ideas?
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast