Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1.    #81  
    lemongrass, checking...

rjt, well NexChange Corp lite is ready but we found a couple weird bugs. Its been hard to reproduce them so I'm considering releasing the lite version of RC1.5. I have had it all built and ready to go since Fri.
  2.    #82  
    Well, i decided to just upload RC1.5 lite here to see what you all think. I havent posted it to PalmGear, Handango, or our site yet.

Well i cant seem to attach it so get it here

http://www.nextworks.com/nexchange/n...angeRC_1.5.zip
    Last edited by dtdionne; 05/02/2005 at 04:46 PM.
    Thanks dtdionne.
    We'd love to see the latest version! Just call it another beta :-)
    dtdionne - Having a problem with RC1.5 - I opened a case on your support desk.
    also have a question, when I went into Advanced Preferences, under "Info Store", it had put in what I had entered as my domain when I first set it up, but the documentation states that Info Store should be your login name... Should Info Store be the same the Username from the initial setup screen?
    Thanks.
  5.    #85  
    lemongrass, yeah, thats why i didnt want to release it. Its so good but there are some known issues. go ahead and post the issue you are having with 1.5 so everyone can see it

yes the info store name is assigned the same name you put in the username field the first time...the only way i would think that it could have been assigned the domain name would be if you may mistakenly put the domain name into the username field then correct it.
    It appears to connect to Exchange ok, then on the initial (full) synch I tried it just hung on "Performing Synch Check" with the progress bar stuck around 20% (and none of the data stores showing anything synching) so I quit the app after about 10 min, then after that if I try it I get this error:
    "Assertion failed at SynchDB.cpp 1245, (NumRecords_LogicalRecordsPerPhysicalSynchRecords - 1) / LogicalRecordsPerPhysicalSynchRecords == PhysRecs was not true"
  7.    #87  
    lemongrass, did you install 1.5 over the previous version?

I forgot to mention, make sure delete the previous prc before install 1.5 because it has totally new db/sync logic incompatable with all previous versions.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Downloaded 1.5, so far so good. I already see improvement over 1.4a. When will the email app be ready? The calender, contacts, etc. sync is great but email is what I really need.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I think I jumped the gun. Midway through the initial sync (after calender and halkway inot contacts) the treo reset itself. I tried to full sync again and got the same result.
    Also, 75% of the calender events were dupped and I noticed on my last attempt to full sync that on the sync check screen it doubled my number of contacts.

I ended up removing the program. I guess this is some of the issues you were talking about.

I love the idea of this program and the potential for the email app. I hope it works out. Once the bugs are worked out I will give it another shot.
    I didn't have the prior version intalled at all. I do have firmware v. 1.21 installed.
  11.    #91  
    hey all, yeah those are some of the problems but i promise it is soooo close and it is awesome. Email is a little behind corp lite, as you may know we are already a couple weeks behind the original release date and its very upsetting to not have it done because it is so good and v.2 is going to have not yet seen functionality in any other product.

We hope to have NexChange corp pro which includes email out in 10 - 14 days or sooner if possible. I promise that we are working relentlessly on this and it is very difficult to keep this amount of intensity over a period of consecutive days so we are runnin on empty with the pedel to the floor.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Can't wait for the end result.
  13.    #93  
    thanks rjt...i cant either, i just love using the product so much. FYI, i use RC1.4b and love it.
    Would be good if you can at least put in better status reporting, it appeared to connect to the exchange server, but then just hangs on "Performing Synch Check" with the progress bar stuck around 20%, I have no idea if it's actually connected, or doing anything at all at that point....
    dtdionne - I still haven't recieved a registration code...??
    Thanks.
    Hey dtdionne,

I appreciate that you are delayed with email, but after a taste of the email functionality in last build you emailed me (now expired) I can't wait to see the release version, especially with the faster sync.

What should I do about syncing in the meanwhile? I did the whole "turn of your other syncing with Exchange" thing prior to installation. Now my version has expired, and I don't know how to sync while I'm waiting another month for your email product... Any advise?

Is anyone ising the 1.5 Nexmail beta successfully?????
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    i don't think the nexmail 1.5 is available yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjt2846
    i don't think the nexmail 1.5 is available yet.
    Yeah, thanks. Just re-read the posts above and realized they were talking about the non-email product.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dtdionne
    thanks rjt...i cant either, i just love using the product so much. FYI, i use RC1.4b and love it.
    What is the status of the email app.? I gotta get rid of this BB. Any updates on a beta version?
  20.    #100  
    rjt, we are making progress, its hard to say when it will be available but i am going to say 10 - 14 days but it could release it tonight if its stable enough.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast