Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    puyi, i didnt take that cranky at all, in fact i appreciate the enthusiam and to be honest i am getting cranky about getting it and releaseing it. We have done some preliminary testing of the new code and it is GREAT, we have synced 30,000 items without a problem...it takes awhile over cdma or gprs but it works great. The new code base would accomodate 64,000 items in EACH datastore.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Wow 64K?! I would expect the first sync to take a while, then I would hope subsequent syncs to be substantially quicker.
  3.    #43  
    Exactly, the initial sync can take 5-45 min while subsequent sync's are 2,000 times faster only taking seconds.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Can't wait....and for the faq's on your site U might consider a less alarming tone regarding initial sync.

This first sync of Nexchange
    is analogous to my first Hotsync of my T600 with my desktop connected to Exchange Server. Outlook defaults to deleting all records on the desktop to avoid duplicates.
    i cannot seem to sync my device. Its status stood at "connecting exchange server" for at least 2hours. I dont have but about 200 contacts and 200 emails. Can you possibly give me some pointers? I'm very interested in testing out the software.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    What's the ETA now?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by dtdionne
    puyi, i didnt take that cranky at all, in fact i appreciate the enthusiam and to be honest i am getting cranky about getting it and releaseing it. We have done some preliminary testing of the new code and it is GREAT, we have synced 30,000 items without a problem...it takes awhile over cdma or gprs but it works great. The new code base would accomodate 64,000 items in EACH datastore.
  7.    #47  
    hey guys, sorry for the delayed response...we have had AMAZING developments from a business perspective and for some reason i am no longer receiving email notifications of updates to these threads.

puyi, i am going to change the verbage of that soon. the really great news is that the rework of the sync/db logic will allow the user to continue to use hotsync and NOT have to delete the datastores upon initial sync. send me an email if you would like to test the new code base before we release it to RC. ITS GREAT!! The official release date for NexChange Corporate Lite, Corporate Professional and NexChange NexMail is the 25th of this month.

lyndon_h - goto https://www.nextworks.com/helpdesk , register and open a ticket then call me at 256-468-6398 and we will get you up and running.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    dtdionne-

I just sent you an e-mail.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    David,

I think your product has a lot of potential. The use of WebDAV to directly access exchange data is quite an exciting proposition in a connected world. Aside from the potential duplication issues, it looks like the "lite" version is pretty close to ready for prime time. The e-mail side of things seems to have a ways to go, though I'm sure you can get the bugs worked out in time.

However, to me the most exciting potential would be a bit of a departure from the traditional sync-based approach that you are utilizing. Personally, I'd like to see the following:

1) Keep the lite features pretty much the way they are, but allow for more flexibility in selecting the source from which to sync (i.e., allow syncing of a contacts subfolder or perhaps the global address list instead of only the default contacts folder.

2) Significantly enhance your app to provide not only offline access to the last X days of inbox e-mail, but essentially replicate the OWA interface on the Treo. By "live" below, I mean real-time, non-synchronized, OTA access using WebDAV.

a) Allow "live" access to all e-mail messages and all folders and sub-folders.
    b) Allow "live" access to all contacts folders, including the global address book.
    c) Allow "live" access to all notes folders.
    d) Allow "live" access to all tasks folders.
    e) Allow "live" access to non-default calendars, including opening the calendars of others (okay, this last may not be possible--I don't think you can open other's calendars in OWA).
    f) Related to (e), provide full support for creating and accepting meeting invites (of course, adding the meeting to the calendar if the WebDAV interface doesn't do this automatically), including some semblance of free/busy checking.

3) Add some kind of optional plug-in to the exchange server to support push (even if it is simply sending an SMS on new message arrival). This is a fairly low priority for me, but I know many others would want this.

For me, I don't "need" what the current release has to offer. OTA syncing of Contacts, Notes, and Tasks is cool but truly only a nice-to-have for me. The rest I have gotten to work with Versamail and ActiveSync (albeit with occasional hiccups). However, I'm an e-mail organization junkie and I'm constantly wishing I had live access to all of my organized/archived data in sub-folders without having to go someplace else to get it (currently through Blazer/OMA and VERY SLOWLY). If you could work to achieve this, then I think you would truly have a killer app. You've got the inner workings there. Build on them and make something truly super.

Good luck!
    Paul
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Can anyone help me with my Hostname, Username, and Domain settings?

I have received the following information from my A.S.P.:

"Login information for Microsoft Outlook (use this if you do not have the latest service pack or hotfix installed)
    Username: e-mail addy with # substituted for @

Windows Domain Name: 6 uppercase letters

Login Information for Microsoft OWA and OMA
    Username: e-mail addy

Login information for Microsoft ActiveSync
    Username : Windows Domain as above\e-mail addy with # substituted for @

Login Information for POP/IMAP clients
    Username: e-mail addy

Mail Server Information
    Outlook Web Access Server: owa.myasp.net

Incoming (POP3) Mail Server: mail1.ex.myasp.net

Outgoing (SMTP) Mail Server: mail1.ex.myasp.net
    Incoming (IMAP) Mail Server: mail1.ex.myasp.net

Mail Server Information for MAPI Mailbox Server: exbe01.ex.myasp.net
    RPC Server: mail1.ex.myasp.net"

I believe I have tried every combination but I can't login successfully.

Also, I verified my A.S.P. uses port 443 for Exchange access.

Thanx in advance,
    Christopher
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    lyndon_h

I sent you a pm
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    ptyork

I sent you a pm
    DT,

Installed 1.4a and it worked great for about 1 day. Now whenever I try to do a quick sync, my treo 650 reboots. The quick sync sees the changes but toward the end of the quick sync I get a reboot. This happens everytime. I have a new Treo with the new 1.08 patch loaded and no other apps loaded besides directory assistant and treo alarm.
  14.    #54  
    hey rxpbr99, first off, thank you for trying our application. 1.4a still has quite a few bugs and the bug you are seeing is a known bug that we are working on. we are just about done completely rewriting the db/sync logic and we CAN NOT wait to get it out to everyone.

I would like to appologize to everyone, i feel like i have let you down because it has taken so long and i have not had near the amount of time i have wanted to spend communicating here on treocentral. everyone has been wonderful to us. I am in the process of hiring 5 support engineers which should free my time to be here more...so many exciting things are happening. also, i want to say thank you to all of you that have helped soooo much with input, critisizm and suggestions.
    Great. Thanks for the fast response DT.

I will anxiously await the next release. Will the email interface be greatly improved from the 1.4a release?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    How long does the initial full sync usually take? Ihave 500 calender dates, 1300 contacts.
    I had about 500 calendar dates and 500 contacts and it took me about 10-15 min
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    After 1 hour and 10 minutes i had no success. This is the fifth time I am trying this. The progress bar only goes as far as 10% and then the TReo re boots. The only success I had was with my first sync it transferred 42 calnder entries and the rebooted. Now it only gets into the sync and then stops and reboots. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks puyi, I didn't even see your response. I should be able to call today. I really appreciate the help. I know that there is a 99% chance that the problem is on my side.
    I read that the product release date was today. Is this still on track? I checked the "Development Status" section of their website, and it said "Page is currently under construction".

I hope the new version has the hypersync...can't WAIT to try the release product!
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast