Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
    I would like to extend my deepest appreciation to David (dtdionne) for all his help this morning addressing my installation issues. He truly understands the art of customer service.

Again, many, many thanks.

Justin
    SONY Z100 (Sprint) --> Motorola StarTac 7868 (Sprint) --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Motorola V8160 (Verizon) --> Blackberry 957 (Cingular w/ GoodLink) --> PalmOne Treo 600 (TMobile w/ GoodLink) --> Treo 650 (Unlocked GSM on TMobile) with HBH-662 BT Headset --> Treo 700 w/x (Sprint) with iGuidance V3 / GlobalSat BT-359W GPS
    Has anybody had success in running the pro version with Nexmail? I really want to try it, but don't have time right now for screwing around with my databases and uninstalling if there are problems.

Sounds like David is being really responsive, but it still sounds like they are a ways from being bug-free and stable. Hence my question to anyone who is using it... how do you like it? Can you provide screen captures? The Nexchange website gives next to no product information and no marketing material.
    Quote Originally Posted by tDot
    Has anybody had success in running the pro version with Nexmail? I really want to try it, but don't have time right now for screwing around with my databases and uninstalling if there are problems.

Sounds like David is being really responsive, but it still sounds like they are a ways from being bug-free and stable. Hence my question to anyone who is using it... how do you like it? Can you provide screen captures? The Nexchange website gives next to no product information and no marketing material.
    I can also vouch for Davis. He is really helpful.
    I would also like to see a scrrenshot, particulary of NextMail. I've seen the "setup and preferences" screens. I'm not interested in knowing if the applications displays mail or if it populates the same databases that Versamail uses and versamail is the client.

thanks
  4.    #264  
    thanks Justin, its hard to explain how incrediblely grateful and honored i am just to have had the opportuinty to assist you and anyone in need of assistance with our products.

I hope to get to the website this weekend...we are just selling so many units that most of my time is spent in support. if things continue at this pace, i should be able to bring a few people on pretty soon which will benifit everyone.

lyndon_h, i have read your post a few times and i think that you are wondering how nexmail displays email, where it stores it and if it uses versamail as the client. In case that is what you are wondering...nexmail in entirety was created by us, it stores email in a db that we create and it doesnt use anything from versamail.
    How long should an initial sync take? I have been watching my Treo for about 10 minutes...did I mess something up, possibly?
    Charliec
    OK. I changed my domain and it started "Performing Sync Checks" - got to 78, then error msg: "At NexChangeSync.cpp:1522,'href.indexOf("ffee")==-1' was not true. I clikced "ok" andit seemed to continue - and went through 194 and error message came up again, clicked ok...again at 310, finished at 756 and started Contacts...before finishing caused reset...anything obvious?
    Charliec
    Now it won't even restart///continues to show errors "numRecord=0,physicalRecords=1,expected=0...ok then resets error to numRecord=1,physicalRecords=2,expected=1...and so on..I finally reset Treo myself to stop...
    Charliec
    I just downloaded and am trying to sync NexChange. IT seems to connect o my server just find saying 'Sync was successful' but nothing is downloaded. I did a Quick Sync and a Full Sync. I just downloaded from the link on the web.
    Palm info screen says it's version 1.0.
  9.    #269  
    charliec, i think you are using a very old version, to the best of my knowlege those debug messages were removed in RC 1.3c...the most current version available now is 1.2 Full Release which is about 25 versions better then 1.3. Be sure to go here to get the latest version:

http://getithere.nextworks.com/

And an initial sync can take anywhere from 3 min to 15 hrs depending on how many total items that need to be synced...and this is the only time it will take that long, after the initial sync with a huge datastore, the full sync will take ~ 1.75 min and a quick sync will take ~20 sec's.

So be sure to remove nexchange from your device before installing v1.2 .

albertb, you have an older version as well, that version does not work...where did you get it? Version 1 was only available for a few hours. Be sure to visit the link above to get the latest and greatest...things will go SO MUCH BETTER.
    Yeah, I can definitely vouch for the 1.2 full release. It's been behaving quite nicely for me.
    taroliw- I have a couple questions, if you don't mind, about the latest version

- Can you specify how many days worth of data will be sync'd? If not, how far back and forward does it sync?
    - Do categories sync for calendar, task and contact items?
    - Does it handle recurring items well?
    - Are contacts with multiple phone #s sync'd properly?
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    David,
    what's the progress on making nexchange work with the new PIM databases? This is one issue that's keeping me from using nexchange full time. I have way too much information in the fields not supported by the classic databases. I really hope that this is moving up on your priority list.

Cheers,
    Pedja
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    taroliw- I have a couple questions, if you don't mind, about the latest version

- Can you specify how many days worth of data will be sync'd? If not, how far back and forward does it sync?
    - Do categories sync for calendar, task and contact items?
    - Does it handle recurring items well?
    - Are contacts with multiple phone #s sync'd properly?
    In order:

- Yes. I think the default is 12 weeks, but you see the 12, so you just change it to whatever you want in the prefence panels.
    - No. I believe that stuff is stored in the new Treo databases, so I understood that to be a "future" item.
    - It seems to do OK with recurrences, but I can't say that I've hammered on it by updating existing recurrences on both sides (Outlook & Treo) to check for super robustness. I can tell you that I have not personally encountered problems with it.
    - Phone numbers seem to sync just fine. I keep several phone numbers for my contacts, and haven't observed any problems in that area.
    Quote Originally Posted by pedja
    David,
    what's the progress on making nexchange work with the new PIM databases? This is one issue that's keeping me from using nexchange full time. I have way too much information in the fields not supported by the classic databases. I really hope that this is moving up on your priority list.
    This is very high on my wish list, too... has been since my delight at early beta builds. Photos, multiple addresses, categories, birthdays, all the goodies. I, too, am a heavy user of these and have found that, as a result, I tend to edit contacts exclusively on my Treo (for now). Better that I take advantage of them on the device I always carry, until the synchronization gap is closed.

Bill
  15.    #275  
    yes, it is very high on the list...not quite as high as eating but still way up there.
    tried to contact david but he has been unreachable. having problems connecting to hosted exchange servers. anyone else having this problem? anyone able to reach david today for support? seems like his cell is having problems
  17.    #277  
    david, i spoke with you after midnight last night...

what we need to do is ask the hosting service how to log in with the domain\username format.
  18.    #278  
    david...while you chase that end, i have looked at the code that handles the login and i think we can add support for the newer style username@domain format for credentials. But lets still chase it down from both ends.

something was wrong with the sprint network in our area today, one of the developers had the same problem today. seems to be fixed now.
    that would be great. we have tried 4 different hosted exchange servers at this point and have successfully connected to only 1 of them. If you can modify the code to support the hosted exchange login style, I think it would help rectify a lot of connection problems and frustration. still can't contact you by cell, network must be down. but i will keep trying.
  20.    #280  
    the cell network is fine...