Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
    dtdionne, I followed your directions. Nexchange sent my treo into a reset loop. I had to hard reset to get out of it. To add insult to injury, I now have triplicates of all my my exchange server data.
  2.    #222  
    krankshawd, it sounds like you have active sync enabled. If you have disabled the hotsync conduits for the 4 outlook conduits, the only way you can get dups is if activ sync is enabled. Call me at 256-468-6398 and we will get you up and running.
  3.    #223  
    jeff248 or arnewman, call me at 256-468-6398 when you get a chance and i will document the SecureID process for integration into NexChange...
    How do I get the program - the link is broken?
  5.    #225  
    well, i got a download manager up and then that box crashed...im checking it out now.
    I'm a little gun-shy about trying to install this again. It sounds like this is still alpha/beta to me. The Nexchange website isn't updated very often, so I can't really get much info about what type of release it is.

Can we get some user reviews going here?
    No question, there are some functionlity gaps. But I have been a NexChange user since 1.5a (now on the 1.0 general release) and find that it does quite well for my everyday use. I haven't seen specifications for what is coming in future releases, but I'm sure David would be more than happy to share his thoughts about what's coming down the pipe.
  8.    #228  
    Hey guys, sorry for the delayed response...we have secured some funding from a great vc out of new york and i had to wrap up an astounding amount of paperwork for that deal.

tdot, v1 is very stable and works very well...it does have a few issues with the main ones being:
    1. nexchange - doesnt support the new pim db's yet. The biggest impact from this is the fact that meeting locations dont show up in the field provided on the device. we are in the process of moving from the compatibility db's to the new db's

2. nexchange - we havent worked out multi-day apts yet, but that is in progress

3. nexmail - the functionality is the bare essentials...i will say that in the short term, there will be a release that is nothing short of utterly amazing so stay tuned.

4. web site - not updated as you have pointed out...i dont know if you have ever started a company, but this is my first and I HAD NO IDEA what it was going to take, and i would have honestly say that i WOULD NOT have ventured down this road if i had the slightest clue...i have honestly worked 21 - 23hr days for the last 2 months and it has been so detrimental to my life, love, and spirit. I quit a dream job to chase this and how fondly i look back on those days...anyway the venture money should make a huge difference because it will allow me to hire people to help out.

things that we fixed last week...
    1. autosync - it used to behave VERY badly. it would lock up the device in the middle of a call, it would interrupt anything that was going on with the device and it was relentless...like the terminator...to complete its job once started. well thats fixed, we originally thought there was an issue with the notification manager in the new devices (t5, 650, lifedrive) because it simply wasn't telling us the state of the OS so our app defaulted to thinking that the device was asleep all the time which meant that it could attempt an auto sycn at any time. the way it was supposed to work (and now does) is to only kick off an autosync when the device was asleep never interrupting the user.

2. we improved upon the password entry box...the one that is included in v1 visibly blocks out your password which worked great the first time you enter your password...but made it almost impossible to change your password after that. we have added a totally new way to enter your password, we now have a button to set your password that pops up a dialog box where you enter your password and then click on set password. what makes this such a good method is that if you click on the set password box again, like the original method we tried, it does not display your password so your password is protected if someone were to get ahold of your device momentarily, but this method allows you to re-enter your password so that you can see it when you enter it.

3. nexchange - we re-introduced the calendar date filtering function upon request by many. This allows you to designate how much historical data you would like to sync to your device.

4. nexchange - we fixed the issue where nexchange would run but not update the summary screen with what was processed...

5. nexmail - added 5-way navigation support for message navigation.

6. nexchange, nexmail - fixed the issue where you were unable to set the port to anything other then 80 or 443.

7. nexmail - fixed the owa folder setting...it wasnt functioning...so if your company didn't use the standard /exchange url for example...we changed our owa from http://www.nextworks.com/exchange which was the standard install to http://www.nextworks.com/nexchange...so in order for nexchange to work you had to be able to go into the app and designate a different virtual http folder for exchange, well that was broken in mail and we fixed it.

8. nexmail - as you may have noticed we added a footer to all outgoing emails that says something like "Sent from my NexChange NexMail enabled Treo %device%, from Nextworks. Go get yours at www.nextworks.com. we added the ability to disable that footer in the purchased version.

9. nexchange - we fixed the conduit issue that was causing deletes

Keep in mind that i have NOT built and posted this this version which will be v.1.1 because it is still in QA, which i hope to finish tonight...
  9.    #229  
    Hey all, quick note, i moved to a new build environment to fix an intermitant key registration error people were getting when purchasing the app...well just as things should be, murphy got bored and decided he would take it out on my laptops hard drive by mysteriously skipping the 4 read/write head across both platters of the entire drive just like if you thumped the needle across a record player...it wasnt so much the skipping as it was the writting of data in every single place that it passed/touched which ruined most sectors along the way.

It was fabulious to hear this completely foreign sound emit from my laptop as i was building v1.1 and then watch my entire system implode right before before my eyes as the drive frantically tried to figure out what happened and where it was supposed to be vs. where it was, overwriting data the entire time.

It took about 10 min to destroy the system...

Of course i didnt know what was happening until i pulled the drive out and ran it thru runtimes, get data back for ntfs (which by the way is the best data recovery i have found) and saw that there were bad sectors and totally misplaced data across the whole drive on both sides of both platters.

I dont know what happened but i would guess that it had to have been a freak emp...the weird thing is that it looks like the rw heads actaully physically touched the platters in some places, which would mean that either the head springs suddenly yet momentarily increased spring rate or the drive lost air preasure...neither of which i have heard of before.

Anyway, that laptop was the only puter that had the new build env so i have spent the last 4 days trying to recover that off the drive but since the image recovery from that drive is still running, i dont have much hope. I do run ghost against the important machines but i have it run once a week and just as things should be, i designed the new build evn between backups.

So i am rebuilding the env now...on a couple of puters at the same time. I hope to have 1.1 up by monday.
    Last edited by dtdionne; 08/13/2005 at 05:06 AM.
    dt, i sent you an email... let me know how things progress with non-ssl.

thanks
    whty
    DT,

Any luck getting Nexmail back up & running? This is the exact software I have been looking for!

PFLY
    I'm waiting anxiously for a working version of NexMail too, but it's gone awfully quiet all of a sudden ...

Monday was the last tentative release date, granted there were hardware problems, but it's Thursday now. What gives?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Artgeek,

Don't be too concerned about the sounds of silence. It has happened here before. I now know it to be the sound of improvements being made to the software. When David comes up for a breath, he'll post here.

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    David,

Any updates? What is the newset version and where can we get it?

Thanks
  15.    #235  
    McTreo....nail on the head.

Hey all, as usual, it took longer then i wanted or expected but the bottom line is that great things are happening. For starters, NexChange 1.1 is ready and out....you can get it them here...

http://getithere.nextworks.com
    You can use your credintials from our helpdesk here, if you have an account on the helpdesk of course.

Some of the BEST news I could possibly imagine giving is the fact that Marc and I have been working on an integrated email application. The initial version worked astoundingly well and came together like a dream. I am sure I dont have to tell anyone about the amazing email application named ChatterEmail that Marc has developed. Not only is it the best email application available for Palm based devices containing the most complete and rich feature sets, but its one of "those" very few and far between applications that actually transcend the numerous technical planes involved in development and emerge as a work of art. And for those of you that have developed for and/or are familiar with the "technical nuances" of the Palm OS can completely appreciate and embrace this.

Over the last year I have opened discussions with many companies that have an email client for the PalmOS because, as Marc has correctly said, many times, it would take at least a year for a developer/company to make a world class email client and we do not have that kinda time. We needed to partner with someone and quickly integrate nexchange sync logic into the email client gui...which was a pretty tall order. Since Chatter was by far our first choice, I can not tell you how it felt to finally meet Marc, quickly realize that we have common ground and just as quickly watch it come together as though it was meant to be (this can actually be attributed to Marc's undeniable talent). The joint effort is still in process and we will make an official joint announcement at the release date nears.

Now about v1.1, it is by far the best release to date. Numerous issues have been fixed and it is very stable.

Now, for those of you that participated in the Release Candidate program, I know who you and promise that I have not forgotten about you...I will be sending you a fully functional registration key for Corporate Pro v1.1 based on the HotSync ID/Device ID that you purchased the RC version with.

I am really looking forward to your feedback on this latest version because it is so good. And as usual, if you need assistance please goto http://support.nextworks.com/helpdesk ,register and open a ticket. As well, you can submit a feature request on the helpdesk and we would love to hear your ideas. For those of you that have opened a ticket in the last 3 weeks and havent received a response, i am very sorry and i will get catching up with you soon. Things with the VC we are dealing with have gone as wee had hoped or expected so i have been unable to hire the support help i need....but that should be resolved soon. I will start a new thread on 1.1 tonight or tomorrow that has more info on the fixes it contains. I just wanted to notify as many people as possible and i know that there are a few subscriptions to this thread.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    David,

I downloaded 1.1. Nexmail won't start and Nexchange resets my device. Restored 1.0 to device.

Travis
    I downloaded the latest version and installed just as instructed. I click oin Nexchange, then "try", and it brings me back to the Palm home screen.

I click NexMail and same thing.

If I try twice in a row the Treo resets.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bz101
    I downloaded the latest version and installed just as instructed. I click oin Nexchange, then "try", and it brings me back to the Palm home screen.

I click NexMail and same thing.

If I try twice in a row the Treo resets.
    That's exactly what mine does, guess its not just me
    Nexchange won't start, NexMail forces a restart after a couple of attempts.

Correction: Nexchange also forces a restart.
    Last edited by artgeek; 09/06/2005 at 11:04 AM.
  20.    #240  
    Hey all....i cant believe it but a perfectly crafted bug snuck thru the testing proceedure. When i read your posts i was pretty sure the issue had to do with the license mgr but i was wrong...i found the error and im fixing it now...should have 1.2 up this morning....

Sorry everone, i know this is frustrating for you and it certainly is frustrating for us...primarily because it is so good and we want to get it too you...