1.    #1  
    My Treo keeps making unintentional emergency calls when it is in my pocket or gets bumped. When a button is pressed and the unit turns on to show the password screen, one of the buttons is "Emergency Call." Anyone know how to disable this or at least change it so that it's harder to connect to 911? I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks!
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    Quote Originally Posted by RayUSA
    My Treo keeps making unintentional emergency calls when it is in my pocket or gets bumped. When a button is pressed and the unit turns on to show the password screen, one of the buttons is "Emergency Call." Anyone know how to disable this or at least change it so that it's harder to connect to 911? I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks!
    "Make Emergency Call" doesn't call 911 immediately. It will bring up the phone application where you would have to dial 911 yourself. I don't see in a pocket how this would be possible (unless 911 is assigned to a favorite or something).
    In the Phone menu, under Options / Phone Lock / Advanced, do you have 911 set as a Personal Emergency Number? If so, removing it will probably solve the problem.

You might also look into PocketProtector, from GeakWare, to prevent inadvertantly turning on the device in your pocket. (But I sure wish P1 had left the power button on top, instead of using the red phone button for power. PP worked even better on the 600.)
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the responses guys!

However, the "Make Emergency Call" button DOES make an immediate call to 911 and I did not program it to do that. I am not able to change this in options or call preferences as well. It came configured to do that.

I guess I will check out Pocket Protector 1.6 to see if that helps solve the problem. In the meantime, I would appreicate any other suggestions on how to avoid this annoying problem.

Peace!
    RayUSA

- Dan Quayle
    Quote Originally Posted by RayUSA
    Thanks for the responses guys!

However, the "Make Emergency Call" button DOES make an immediate call to 911 and I did not program it to do that. I am not able to change this in options or call preferences as well. It came configured to do that.

I guess I will check out Pocket Protector 1.6 to see if that helps solve the problem. In the meantime, I would appreicate any other suggestions on how to avoid this annoying problem.

Peace!
    Which treo do you have? Which carrier?
    How about the keyguard?
  7.    #7  
    I'm using a Treo 600 on the T-Mobile network. I use Picture Password which does a great job. Keyguard also helps but somehow, the center button always seems to get pressed accidentally, which starts the ball rolling. I guess I just need to stop carrying it in my pocket and invest in a good case.

I just wish the security lockout screen would not have a direct button that makes a call to 911.

Thanks again!
    RayUSA

- Dan Quayle
    I have the same exact problem with making emergency calls because I keep the phone in my pocket. I don't see where to change the 911 number that is programed in the phone already.
    TreoGuard