1.    #1  
    When I installed the HotSync software supplied on CD with my Treo 650, in addition to the Documents to Go stuff, there was:

MMUpgrade.prc
    DSLib.prc

I trashed the DTG stuff because I don't use it, but does anyone know what these two do?
    MMUpgrade.prc is for Versamail. It's an update for Versamail beyond what's in the ROM. I assume it's bug fixes or something like that that were issued after the ROM image was locked down for production. I don't really know, I did briefly read something about it being necessary for Versamail on the P1 support site.

DSLib.prc is one of the Documents To Go files.

Google either of these file names and you'll get a little information. PalmOne's web site has some info on MMUpgrade.prc at the support site.

Basically ALL files are documents to go except:
    -MMUpgrade.prc (which is for Versamail.)
    -networkprofiles.pdb
    -carrierprofiles.pdb
    The last 2 pdb files are downloaded when you install Palm Desktop ("check for updates from palmone") and contain all of the phone profiles for the GSM carriers, and network data pofiles for all of the carriers (what you see in the 'network' item in the preferences panel is taken from networkprofiles.) These files should be installed before ever turning on the wireless and attempting to connect to the web (on a hard reset.)

I don't use Versamail and I have decided I don't want Documents to Go. I never use it and it takes up space. So I don't install any of the files except the carrier and network profile .pdb files.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    MMUpgrade.prc is for Versamail. [snip]

Basically ALL files are documents to go except:
    -MMUpgrade.prc (which is for Versamail.)
    -networkprofiles.pdb
    -carrierprofiles.pdb
    The last 2 pdb files are downloaded when you install Palm Desktop ("check for updates from palmone") and contain all of the phone profiles for the GSM carriers, and network data pofiles for all of the carriers (what you see in the 'network' item in the preferences panel is taken from networkprofiles.) These files should be installed before ever turning on the wireless and attempting to connect to the web (on a hard reset.)
    Thanks. My files are named "networkprofile2.pdb" and "carrierprofiles2.pdb" Why the "2"? I definitely didn't install Palm Desktop before connecting wirelessly, alas. What can I do?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    MMUpgrade.prc is for Versamail. It's an update for Versamail beyond what's in the ROM. I assume it's bug fixes or something like that that were issued after the ROM image was locked down for production. I don't really know, I did briefly read something about it being necessary for Versamail on the P1 support site.
    That's for VersaMail 2.5. The Treo 650 comes with VersaMail 3.0.