Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just ordered a Sony HBH-660 (thanks in large part to comments from the Treo Central community) and I see that there is now a new HBH-662 on "pre-order". Looks like it has a battery indicator and call timer in addition to the caller ID.

Anyone have any more info? Google didn't turn up anyone but this store. Not on Amazon, Sony et. al.

As do most of us, I like new stuff, but can't tell if there's any real difference.

New from Sony Ericsson - their most accomplished Bluetooth headset yet. The HBH-662 offers caller ID, a battery indicator and call timer, all encased in a stylish, lightweight and supremely comfortable design.

Exclusive and stylish, Akono Headset HBH-662 is the perfect Bluetooth headset for people with high demands on design, but who donít want to compromise comfort.

The ear loop is flexible enough to fit most ears and sturdy enough to make the headset stay in place even when youíre in motion. You can leave your phone in a pocket or a bag and handle all your calls through the easy-to-use buttons on the headset.

Or you can use the strap thatís included in the kit to carry your headset around your neck. But best of all Ė the HBH-662 has an Info Display for easier call handling. When the phone rings, you just check the Info Display to see who is calling, and decide whether you want to take or reject the call.

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=118678
    dang it!! i did all my research and ordered a 660 on saturday!

i've read that the 660 has a battery indicator.
    Great! Just got my 660 Saturday! And yes it does have a battery indicator. Maybe the 662 has a longer and better battery life?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    i haven't found anything on the 662 anywhere else but that site.

maybe it's the euro version?
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    same here. sony always releases products often, so if you buy into that, you'll always be chasing your tail. use what you got. looks like every other 600-series they made anyway. US$.02
    More on the HBH-662 over here (bottom of page): http://www.mobile-review.com/article...3main-en.shtml

The site doesn't say which of the 2 headsets the HBH-662 is, but since it's supposed to be the successor of the HBH-660, I'm assuming it's the one that looks exactly like it.

And supposedly it has DSP: "equipped with an integrated processor improving voice transmission quality".
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    It's funny how Sony makes these upgrades that are small-step kinds of releases. You know, the 662 has a DSP. Great! Then, the 664 has a mute button! Then, the 665 has a mute button, but no Bluetooth()! Then the 667 has both, but released two weeks later, and has a different volume control! I'm exaggerating (only a bit) but this is pretty typical of Sony.

I never know where on their bandwagon to get on, so I just cross my fingers and hope I got the best model.
    Actually, if you use the 'Local Information' dropdowns on that SE page, it appears that this is not a US product. My best guess....
    -Brian-
    Looks like the only thing the HBH-662 has that I don't have in my HBH-660 is a call timer.

I don't think there's anything for HBH-660's owners to fret over....

The HBH-660 has a battery indicator and caller ID. Probably has the "enhanced voice" technology too.
    It is bluetooth 1.2
    Quote Originally Posted by joolsca
    It is bluetooth 1.2
    I'm a bluetooth novice. Does the Treo 650 support that?

And what makes it better than prior versions?
    the treo 650 has bt 1.2 software but it is crippled by p1's drivers.

hopefully one day we will have the enjoyment of bt 1.2.

also...

i just received my hbh-660 and noticed that the instruction manual was written for both headsets.
    Quote Originally Posted by joolsca
    It is bluetooth 1.2
    So does that mean it is useless with T650?
    Bluetooth 1.2 is backward compatible with 1.1, so yes it would work but you wouldn't get any of the benefits of 1.2.
    Thx Fokker

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Does anyone know on a release date for the HBH-662?
    --Don
    Quote Originally Posted by donnyb
    Does anyone know on a release date for the HBH-662?

Does it matter? You have a way to get your T650 to work with Bluetooth 1.2?

If you've found a ROM hack for that I'm sure others would like to know about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Does it matter? You have a way to get your T650 to work with Bluetooth 1.2?

If you've found a ROM hack for that I'm sure others would like to know about it.
    Before ya jump down his throat, did ya ever think that maybe if someone is gonna invest in a BT headset now, they'd want to get a 1.2 so that it will be compatible with the Treo 700 or whatever?
    ^ Not trying to "jump down his throat", sorry if it was taken that way. Just wondering the rational is all. And if he had a patch for BT 1.2 I wanted to know about it.

Given no T700 specs are out yet we have no idea what it may support. Besides, by then I'm sure everyone will want the HBH-700 and everyone will think the HBH-660 and 662 are both terrible .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast