Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "Akono Headset HBH-662

"The new Akono Headset HBH-608 and Akono Headset HBH-662 has the same features as their predecessor. Akono Headset HBH-608 has a slimmer design and longer talk time. The HBH-662 has an Info Display for caller ID and battery status indicator.

The useful Info display with the Akono Headset HBH-662 keeps you informed on incoming calls; who is calling, the caller's number and, when you hang up it tells you how much time you spent on the phone. Talk and standby time of up to 5/150 hours make sure that you never have to be out of reach, although you can also check the headset’s battery status on the display, so you’ll never run out of power when you least expect it."

Look here:

http://www.slashphone.com/84/1522.html
    The 608 seems pretty cool if you don't need the LCD info..
  3. agi
    Any news when will this hit the stores?
    Bump is there even any difference between the two units to warrent waiting for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by humzai
    Bump is there even any difference between the two units to warrent waiting for it.
    IIRC, the mewer one is BT1.2 compliant whereas the other is 1.1 That may not mater to you as Treo650 is 1.1 Treo 670 or whatever might be 1.2 so you wauldn't ahev to change haadsets.
    Quote Originally Posted by humzai
    The answers are in the thread...
    Bluetooth™ 1.2 wireless technology and adds "call timer".
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    has any used the HBH-300 and does it work with the treo 650
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Another question. Is the 602 the same as the 660 minus the display? It looks like that from the SE website but I'm not sure if I'm missing something. I personally think CallerID on a BT headset is useless since I always have the headset on.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaker
    has any used the HBH-300 and does it work with the treo 650
    I bought (and returned) the HB-300. I found it very floppy sitting on my ear, even with the hook, and could never get it to be secure. There is nothing more distracting than feeling like the thing is about to fall off at any moment.

The volume was not great either, but I don't know how it behaves post ROM update.

I went for the HBH 660 and liked it a lot UNTIL I purchased the new Treo headset. Volume is great as is stability on the ear. Plus it uses the same charger as the 650.

The 660 (and my Moto HS850) are all going on ebay next week.
  10. PGR
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thr61
    I went for the HBH 660 and liked it a lot UNTIL I purchased the new Treo headset. Volume is great as is stability on the ear. Plus it uses the same charger as the 650.
    There are a lot of things which interest me about the Treo BT headset but I've read in too many forums and reviews that it's uncomfortable to dismiss that claim as untrue. Any comment?

Pete
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Handspring Visor > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Pro > Pre (in November) ... Evolution, or more money than sense?
    I heard that the HBH-300 has the digital noise and wind cancelation.. and if you put the jabra ear gel on it ... that increases the volume and makes it fit better.... what is the opinion out there on this
    Hello folks,

The HBH-662 has not yet been released in the USA yet, as-well as we have just imported hundreds of pieces from the UK

I have been selling them on eBay, aswell as my local shop here in New York, As of now the name on the Caller ID Feature does not work, It'll only show the number when it's used with the Treo 650.

But It is the newer version of Bluetooth which is 1.2 as well as having the enhanced voice technology and call timer.

If any of you are interested in getting the HBH-662 I can offer a small discount for anyone on this Discussion board.

By eBay UserID is admon347 or here is a direct link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...775322566&rd=1

Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions you might have, by "Ask seller s question" option on top right of the auction page.

Thank you!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12