Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    I had LauncherX on my T600 and it worked perfectly with the center key. I wonder why it no longer works. I know about the enter key and pressing a letter to get focus on the icons, but its not nearly as slick as it once was.

I tried ZLauncher and I just don't like the UI. I love the LX UI. Its simple, but tells me everything I need to know in a very easy to read manner.

Any suggestions/thoughts........
    Two things:

1. They are working on it, but who knows when it will be done.

2. ZLauncher has a LauncherX skin available, but I didn't bother with that since I paid for LauncherX some time ago and it is quite robust enough for me with it's built-in file browser and expansion card/shortcut handling.

So I live with the center button issues for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    Two things:

1. They are working on it, but who knows when it will be done.
    Who's working on it???
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    See http://www.launcherxplanet.com/forum...php?act=SF&f=2

Will Lau is the developer now, but it's hardly his top priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Who's working on it???
    $12 fix for LauncherX

Pay for Butler, use the side rocker/button reassignment feature to make the rocker be "move" and the button be "select" - you can now move around and select in LauncherX using the side rocker and side button.
    Last edited by westronic; 03/01/2005 at 08:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    See http://www.launcherxplanet.com/forum...php?act=SF&f=2

Will Lau is the developer now, but it's hardly his top priority.
    Well, that's interesting...but like you said, doesn't seem to be any rush to update.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    If I'm not wrong, the developer of LauncherX is dead (physically - car accident)
    Quote Originally Posted by leonidm
    If I'm not wrong, the developer of LauncherX is dead (physically - car accident)
    He is, which is why I asked who was working on it. Westronic answered the question.

ver 1.10 works fine for me on my 650, just no center button support. Here you go, enjoy it. You will need to register, unless you have purchased a previous version.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    I'd really like to try this launcher, as I dread the overkill of zlauncher...but no center button support...I just....can't....do...it...

Wish I could tho, I love the ui
    1 | 2
    I find it very bizarre and bit annoying that, since Launcher X does have a dedicated developer, they haven't fixed this problem -- which can't be that difficult to fix. It hasn't stopped me from using my Launcher X, but this program wasn't cheap and I'd really prefer someone taking a few hours to fix it so that I can use the center button again.
    Quote Originally Posted by masonuc
    I find it very bizarre and bit annoying that, since Launcher X does have a dedicated developer, they haven't fixed this problem -- which can't be that difficult to fix. It hasn't stopped me from using my Launcher X, but this program wasn't cheap and I'd really prefer someone taking a few hours to fix it so that I can use the center button again.
    I agree, but in the meantime you can use the Butler work-around, if you use Butler for anything else or don't mind speding the $12 for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    I'd really like to try this launcher, as I dread the overkill of zlauncher...but no center button support...I just....can't....do...it...

I know how you feel, I purchased ZL along with several add-on (skins, etc), But I can't stand it, you literally have to "strip" it down because of it's bloatware. I like Mega Launcher but not it's icons, it's a very functional app with a clean UI. I'm currently using facer pro witch is also clean like ML. Waiting for the update to Facer Pro. I'll give that a 4-5 stars for now.
    Last edited by BillyBathGate; 03/01/2005 at 11:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel

I soooo agree with you and have posted here (and on LauncherX Planet)before on the same subject.

Wierd thing is that LX has such an odd, cult-like following that many people will get all wierd on ya trying to tell you that it is not a big deal and that LX is just fine the way it is, lalalala....peculiar.
    Quote Originally Posted by masonuc
    Agree here too, whole-heartedly. Be careful, the LX apologists will get on ya, inform you of the tragic loss of the softwares creator, tell you that it works fine on the majority of devices, try and tell you that it is completely compatible with the Treo 650 (despite the fact that in the next breath they will say that the select button does not work, oh and some skins do not display right (no signal strength))

I kid, but am saddened by the loss for the Benc family. AND I truly do love LX, but without updates it has no place on my Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    I soooo agree with you and have posted here (and on LauncherX Planet)before on the same subject.

Wierd thing is that LX has such an odd, cult-like following that many people will get all wierd on ya trying to tell you that it is not a big deal and that LX is just fine the way it is, lalalala....peculiar.
    Ya, I read through the 3 pages of that thread you posted asking for an update so I know what you mean.

You started that thread back in Dec. didn't you? Almost 3 months later and no center button support? Odd.
    1 | 2
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I prefer LX to ZL but have switched to ZL as LX just wasn't as useful w/o the proper nav support.

And while I am sympathetic about the loss of the developer, I bought LX from a company, not an individual. That company is who I am looking to for T650 support, not the deceased developer. If that company ceases to exist, my desire for a fix will also cease & remain unfulfilled, but until such a time it is my position that the company is obligated to provide support & maintenance updates.
    - Fushigi
    Quote Originally Posted by fushigi
    I prefer LX to ZL but have switched to ZL as LX just wasn't as useful w/o the proper nav support.

And while I am sympathetic about the loss of the developer, I bought LX from a company, not an individual. That company is who I am looking to for T650 support, not the deceased developer. If that company ceases to exist, my desire for a fix will also cease & remain unfulfilled, but until such a time it is my position that the company is obligated to provide support & maintenance updates.
    Man, I am in major agreement mode today, I am so with you. Try to say this over at the LauncherXPlanet, you will be nicely informed that it is completely compatible with the Treo 650...nice people over there, very... and well versed on the ins and outs of LX, but they refuse to see anything negative about LX, and will tell you so nicely. Did I say they were nice over there?

Cheers
    I, for one had been a die-hard LauncherX user for the last few years and have been a supporter until the T650. I wanted to believe that the program did not pass with the creator. I stuck by it even with the center problem but not anymore. After reading how you can tweak zLauncher to make it as simple as LX, lo and behold, I did and there is no looking back. I purchased ZL after a long demo. I was trying to deny the center problem for so long until I starting finding how important it was in everyday situations. I now have a great SD memory management support, tons of great themes and awesome support. Count me in as a converter as well.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom
    I, for one had been a die-hard LauncherX user for the last few years and have been a supporter until the T650. I wanted to believe that the program did not pass with the creator. I stuck by it even with the center problem but not anymore. After reading how you can tweak zLauncher to make it as simple as LX, lo and behold, I did and there is no looking back. I purchased ZL after a long demo. I was trying to deny the center problem for so long until I starting finding how important it was in everyday situations. I now have a great SD memory management support, tons of great themes and awesome support. Count me in as a converter as well.
    Where did you find instructions on how to tweak ZLauncher to make it more simple?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast