1.    #1  
    Well since my unemployment was starting to get boring I decided to make my Treo cradle better. I always wanted an audio jack on the cradle, I also wanted to make it charge over USB (trickle charge). So this is what I came up with.

I used my new Dremel to carve out a hole for the audio jack (first try! allllright!) and got the headset plug situated (i used this instead of wiring my own mini audio jack.. it's a pain in the *** believe me). I then notices that we had a problem...

The jack was blocking the board in the Treo with the USB wires and the hotsync button so i had to shave down the board and the bottom of the connector.. worked like a charm and I didn't have to secure the jack with any adhisive, the pressure from the board holds it in place! I then drilled a small hole in the back of the cradle for the audio out. This went well without any major hicups. I just had to sand down the thickness of the cradle inorder to mount the jack.

I then got to work on the USB connector. It was very strait forward and I practiced on a few other cables first. I ended up making a sync/charge cable out of the OEM sync cable.. Nice little side bonus! Once i got the USB down pat it took me two trys to get a working connector but in the end I got the cradle I wanted.

One little note, i had to buy the Radio shack volume control headphone extention cord because when I pluged my computer speakers into the back of my cradle I heard the sound comming from the treo (BOO!) oh well.

In the future I am thinking of turning the USB cord from the back of the Treo into a female Treo connector that was left over once i cut it off to make room for the new USB plug. But I have to figure out how to solder the two leads for USB +/-.. they are wicked small! Anyone have any ideas how to tackle it? See picture.

Enjoy! Timmay

Bill of parts:
    Cradle $12
    USB Connector $1
    Treo headset Freebie!
    1/8" Radio shack audio jack $2.99
    RS volume control $6.59
    Getting your project done and the way you wanted it.. priceless!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Wow. Good work.
    nicely done.
  4.    #4  
    Woohoo! I just got my Treo 650 cradle so once I get home I can start ripping that apart and see how i can throw the audio out jack in there that Pa1mOne forgot to put on it...

Timmay
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    You may want to check this thread first. It seems it may be easier, since the phones audio jack is not needed.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=pin+audio
  6.    #6  
    I have seen that and plan on using the pins on the connector...
    The ones I love..

Twittering about