Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Despite some searching I have not found an answer to the following. I have a Sprint Treo 650 with versamail set up with my yahoo plus email and it works perfectly to send and receive text messages. However, when I attach a document or photo from Treo and send it, the recipient gets an email that says " This is a multi-part message in MIME format" followed by lengthy gibberish. Can anybody tell me how to send a document and have it be readable?
    thanks
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    It sounds like the MIME types on the receiving computer aren't setup correctly. Do other people you send the same message and attachment to get the same error?

Alan G
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply but I don't think thats the problem. Other people get the gibberish and, more importantly, when I receive emails from other treo users from the treo with attachments, they open just fine on my computer. Anybody think it could be a Sprint issue? those other treo guys sending me attachments that aren't gibberish use ATT.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I find I have better luck sending photos and video clips with VersaMail if I push the attachment to VersaMail from Pics&Videos rather than pulling the attachment from VersaMail.

In other words, [selected video clip]>Send.. from the Pics&Videos menu>VersaMail (as opposed to Bluetooth).
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Tried the "push" trick put no luck - still MIME plus gibberish. This is killing me - -anybody have any ideas?
    I had the exact same problem. See my thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...sending+videos I tired to send videos, v-cards and pictures that would come across to other computers as garbled text.

I ran a bunch of test and even had lengthy discussions with T-Mo techs (who were surprisingly helpful). I tired to change my outgoing email server away from T-Mo to see if it was their servers screwing up my attachments, outgoing authentication versus none...bottom line nothing worked.

I finally just moved over to Snappermail and my problems are solved. The same attachments that I had problems with are now getting to other computers just fine. I wonder what VersaMail is doing differently than Snappermail. It obviously has nothing to do with my wireless provider. I have the exact same outgoing settings on both programs.

Download the trial and check it out. I bet it solves your problems.

Good luck!