Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I've got my 650 running Versamail to check my Gmail accounts.

When I check my Gmail, I download all of my messages without any problems. Once I've read them, I delete them from Versamail (but not from the server, since I want to keep a copy there as well).

The problem is when I check the messages again. It sucks down all of the same messages which I've already read. This gets problematic as the more emails I get, the larger the downloads (now at about 80 emails!).Thing is, it also downloads messages from my gmail account that I have categorized as "Archived" but haven't actually read. Emails like Netflix notifications and such.

Can anyone suggest to me a better way to use Versamail with Gmail so I don't have these problems anymore? I recen;t had to reset my Versamail becuase it kept rebooting my Treo. Prior to that, I didn't have this issue. TIA.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    There's a setting in Gmail that lets you change the pop setting so that only new mail will be available to download to your 3rd party client.
    Delete the messages, but don't empty the trash and Versamail won't keep downloading the same messages.

Or, switch to SnapperMail and be much happier in general
    on my pc I "download" gmails over outlook and delete them immediately. meaning: when I leave the house and check mails with the treo, only the really new ones are downloaded ... give it a try.