1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'm having a problem when I synchronize my 650 with Outlook. Meetings that were called by other people, and to which I have accepted (or accepted as "Tentative") in outlook are being changed when I sync. The meeting, after syncing, loses the original "organizer" of the meeting (when viewed in Outlook), and instead it looks like I'm the organizer of the meeting. It also appears that I have not sent the meeting invitations out. So it shows up as a meeting that I scheduled, and for which no invitations have been sent.

I am using the Palm 650 conduits, and I have applied the conduit patch from Palm. Anyone have any idea what might be happening? I have the conduits set up for two-way synchronization.

Thanks!
  2.    #2  
    Bump! Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks!
  3. CMD
    Had this problem a couple of times. Even duplicated one meeting and when I deleted it Outlook sent out cancellation notices to all of the attendees!
    I sync with a home and work PC and thought that this might be causing the problem. I'll check at work tomorrow but I don't think that this is happening anymore. The only thing that I changed was setting the "Sync with multiple PC" on both conduits.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the reply. Did you "check" or "uncheck" the sync with multiple PCs option? It's confusing as to whether it needs to be checked or unchecked. Like you, I sync to two PCs, but only one of them connects to the Exchange Server (work). The other (home) does not. SHould I check this box?

Thanks!
  5. CMD
    I've checked the option on both PCs but I don't think that has made any difference. I've just tried synching at work and no meetings were changed. I had one new meeting on my Work Outlook, called by someone else, that got synched to the 650. I then editted this meeting on the Treo and synched again and I am now shown as the organizer on Outlook. I've installed the conduit update on both PCs so, unless anyone has any suggestions, I'll avoid editing meetings on my Treo for now.
    Has anybody found a solution to this? I am having the organizer field changed to me and it is causing all kinds of problems with updates to meetings.
    Please, please, please somebody find a solution and raise this issue with PalmOne. It's their conduit that's messing things up.

Chapura has a product (Pocketmirror XT) but I cannot get an answer from them (or any user) if that behaves correctly.

I have stopped opening/changing /saving my meetings on the Treo (Datebk5 or Calendar) as that causes the same symptoms described here.

Datebk5 used to lose the attendee information, but at least that's fixed.

I have posted about this here and in PalmOne peer support forums and e-mailed PalmOne tech support about this. No solutions in the peer group, and no response from PalmOne tech support.

We need to light a fire under PalmOne to get this fixed!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Datebk5 used to lose the attendee information, but at least that's fixed.
    Didn't know that DB5 had "attendee features"....
    ... does it?

The feature wasn't listed at pimlicosoftware.com either. Am I missing something?
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    I have the same problem. If I change a meeting on the Treo, not only does it make me the organizer, but then I can't even forward the meeting request to the organizer to ask him/her to delete me and add me again. It's a royal pain. This did not happen back in the Treo 600 days with Chapura.
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    Didn't know that DB5 had "attendee features"....
    ... does it?

The feature wasn't listed at pimlicosoftware.com either. Am I missing something?
    The Attendee list is displayed (with e-mail address info.. very cool) in the PalmOne built-in Calendar only.

However, until the very latest datebk5 (5.4a S1), if you opened the appointment in Datebk5 and made changes, then the Attendee list got hosed.

Now, Datebk leaves that information alone. It doesn't let you see or change the attendees, but it doesn't screw it up.

The Meeting organizer infor is still messed up if you edit the appointment in either Datebk or Calendar.

If you want Datebk to fully support Attendee list, please e-mail the author (at his web site) and mention it in the Datebk yahoo group

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pimlicodatebk/

He will support it if the item is considered more important than others on his list of things to do !!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Please report it to Palm1 so that they can fix their Outlook Conduits.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM