Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    Well, I finally got the 650 today. So far I know how to turn the device on, and make a call on it. Time to read the owner's manual.


  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by He123321
    Well, I finally got the 650 today. So far I know how to turn the device on, and make a call on it. Time to read the owner's manual.

    well that was a usefull post...

    ...and here's another one
    Soylent Green Is People

    My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
  3. #3  
    I'm with you!!!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  4. #4  
    Post boost!
  5.    #5  
    So, it's true what they say about you members in this forum. Quick to rip anyone a new one. I am here to say hello to you all. i a am a searcher, not a poster/spammer.


  6. #6  
    I got about 4 weeks on ya He1....been using 650 since beginning of month. Feel free to bother me w/ any questions.....can't offer a wealth of experience only using the bugger for such a short time (Vx user before that) but I can giva ya a month's worth <g>.

    PS....I have been keeping a spreadsheet of software titles / versions / type / price / home page / d'l locations that I have either tried or am anxious to try. E-mail me at naylor_engineering@compuserve.com if you want a copy.
  7. #7  
    I think the post boost comment was meant for us old timers (and well deserved I might add).

    Oops, there's another one!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  8. #8  
    I'm not sure that one month an "old timer" makes, but you have been busy during the past 30 days. Yeah, boost for me too...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by He123321
    Well, I finally got the 650 today. So far I know how to turn the device on, and make a call on it. Time to read the owner's manual.
    I am a veteran owner of the Treo 650 (five whole days). My service is also with Sprint. I have the plan that gives me 1100 national minutes, no roaming charges and PCS Vision. And being a government employee, I get a 15% discount on the total monthly bill.

    Using Vision to access my email has been great. It is fast and so far very reliable. I've travelled across the Bay Area and the call quality has been good as well.

    So far, the only issue has been a periodic reset. I'm not sure what to make of it. But so far, I am much more satisifed (by far) than dissatisfied. I hope it stays that way.

    Good luck and welcome aboard...
    David
  10. #10  
    How are you getting a 15 percent gov't discount? I am also a gov't employee, but my discount is only 5. When I try to talk to someone at SPCS about it they say gov't employees get only 5. I'm confused about it.
  11.    #11  
    So, far so good with the 650. I did a few searches, and read 3/4 of the owner's manual. I know what BT headset to use with the phone, and found some info on a free memory card from palmone. Well, back to my research.


  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by creighton
    I'm not sure that one month an "old timer" makes, but you have been busy during the past 30 days. Yeah, boost for me too...
    I guess by the boost thing yas are referrin to the post count ? Yeah, I guess I been a bit busy but cruisin forums is the best way to learn.....oughta know I been running on line forums since well before Al Gore helped fund the internet (He never did say he invented it, he just said he sponsored the bill to fund it).

    If I can ever return the favor for all the Treo advice i getting here, by all means come over and bother me at the Home and Building Forum or the PC Hardware Forum....just don't ask me to admit how long I been workin there <g>.

    http://community.compuserve.com/n/pf...g=ws-homeforum
    http://forums.prospero.com/n/pfx/for...=ws-pchardware
  13. #13  
    Yep! Im not an oldtimer but will take the opportunity too.. LOL BOOST!

    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I guess by the boost thing yas are referrin to the post count ?
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
  14. #14  
    make sure that in prefernces you go to "date & time" and de-select "enable local network time".....this may help your resetting if you have sprint....remove the check mark.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by defii
    I am a veteran owner of the Treo 650 (five whole days). My service is also with Sprint. I have the plan that gives me 1100 national minutes, no roaming charges and PCS Vision. And being a government employee, I get a 15% discount on the total monthly bill.

    Using Vision to access my email has been great. It is fast and so far very reliable. I've travelled across the Bay Area and the call quality has been good as well.

    So far, the only issue has been a periodic reset. I'm not sure what to make of it. But so far, I am much more satisifed (by far) than dissatisfied. I hope it stays that way.

    Good luck and welcome aboard...
    the above about de-selecting the "enable local network time" was for this poster above....
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by He123321
    Well, I finally got the 650 today. So far I know how to turn the device on, and make a call on it. Time to read the owner's manual.
    HE: I just got mine today from Sprint as well. So far I'm very impressed. Despite all the issues others have reported, I think this is an amazing device. Now back to playing with it . . .
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    I think the post boost comment was meant for us old timers (and well deserved I might add).

    Oops, there's another one!
    Well, you still have a long way to go before you join those posters in the Off Topic sections:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=53439

    Yes, this "new game" of word association started back in July '04. 277 pages and counting and there are some massive posters in there!
  18. #18  
    If I am going to waste that much time racking up my post count, I might as well try to do something useful while I'm at it...
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  19. #19  
    Ditto

    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    If I am going to waste that much time racking up my post count, I might as well try to do something useful while I'm at it...
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by TX76Mike
    Ditto
    ya, me too.
    Soylent Green Is People

    My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions