1.    #1  
    I don't know what has happened. But when I neter the code it just flashes back to the phone app quickly and does nothing.

It happened around the time I installed TakePhone, and TP messed with my phone button settings. So I don't know.

Any help for me?

L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    Make sure you type without the trailing #....so just #*377 'dial'
    Quote Originally Posted by naked
    I don't know what has happened. But when I neter the code it just flashes back to the phone app quickly and does nothing.

It happened around the time I installed TakePhone, and TP messed with my phone button settings. So I don't know.

Any help for me?

L
    Isn't it ##377# instead of #*377#?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget
    Isn't it ##377# instead of #*377#?
    Depends what version of the 650 and what carrier you have...I have the Unlocked GSM with Cingular as my carrier and I use #*377<DIAL>

palmOne Treo 650 Unlocked GSM / Axalto 64k SIM / Cingular Nation 900 w/ Rollover / MEdia Net Unlimited /

Phone Info: Firmware: 1.14 / Software: Treo650-1.05-ROW
    Accessories: palmOne Cradle Kit for Treo 650 / Free 128MB SD from palmOne / Cardo Scala 500 BT Headset / Krusell Classic & Horizontic Case / Brando Screen Protector
    On The Way: ???

5.    #5  
    I have a Cingular GSM version. And if I do #*377 it tries to dial that number and says my call cannot be completed as dialed.

#*377# is what used to work for me.

L
    I'm having unlocked GSM one....#*377 (dial) works for me...if I put a # at the end, it won't do anything.
    naked,

Check back in the thread you originally posted in. Looks like the custom dialer patch (splash screen) you installed is causing the problem

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=74871
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  8.    #8  
    Yup. I had installed it, and was getting the msgs for a while. I then tried uninstalling it, but didn't do a soft reset.

But my problem is fixed.

L
    Quote Originally Posted by naked
    I have a Cingular GSM version. And if I do #*377 it tries to dial that number and says my call cannot be completed as dialed.

#*377# is what used to work for me.

L
    Naked, Please answer my questions from your other post about this and we'll see if you can get you back in the saddle again!
    Matt

BTW: I think that putting # at the end is the same as dial in other words

GSM - #*377# is the same as #*377 then dial
    CDMA - ##377# is the same as ##377 then dial
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    naked,

Check back in the thread you originally posted in. Looks like the custom dialer patch (splash screen) you installed is causing the problem

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=74871
    I was trying to help him in the othe post. I see he has it fixed now.
    I now see he has a GSM too. I am still curoius of which splash patch it was.
    perhaps he'll answer my questions, I just want to know for my own knowlege and trouble shooting skills (I am an Electronics Technician (CET)) by trade and I hate leaving things undone.
    BTW: I think that putting # at the end is the same as dial in other words

GSM - #*377# is the same as #*377 then dial

Well...at least this is not the same for me with Rogers and unlocked GSM. Have to dial #*377 only.
    Huh, isn't that we Burkhardi just said ? #*377 then hit dial pad ?
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Huh, isn't that we Burkhardi just said ? #*377 then hit dial pad ?
    Yes this is what I said..and the #*377# doesn't work for my unlocked GSM with Rogers.
    The last pound doesn't work with CDMA either.

##377 dial for CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    The last pound doesn't work with CDMA either.

##377 dial for CDMA
    Stange, I can either do "##377#" or "##377 then the dial" and get the same results. Same with ##786 and so on (even DeBug works). I have a Sprint CDMA version. Are you using any funky splash screen mod?
    That is very strange...
    Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson
    Yes this is what I said..and the #*377# doesn't work for my unlocked GSM with Rogers.
    It might be differnet for over seas? Perhaps other carriers too. I know that the Sprint CDMA(##) and Cingular (#*) work that way and I think the Verizon CDMA 600 works with #*#377dial
    You got it right ..... the Verizon CDMA 600 works with #*#377dial
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon