1.    #1  
    I spent countless hours on the phone with Cingular CSR's before finally getting one that was willing to help me obtain the subsidy unlock code. She took my information and said she had to forward it to Tier 2 tech support. The next day I received a call from Cingular tech support. The caller verified my information and then gave me the eight digit unlock code.

I entered the code as follows:

*#*#xxxxxxxx# and then hit Dial. I got the message that SIM lock has been removed. I tried a T-Mobile SIM in my phone today and when a turned on the radio I got a message asking me to enter the unlock code. Unfortunately I didn't have the code with me (I was at the office and the code qas home) but @ was under the impression that when I entered the code in the above form with the Cingular SIM in that the phone would still sucessfully be unlocked? Am I wrong?

Has anyone else been given an unlock from Cingular that didn't work?
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    You may want to read this first...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=71446
    Quote Originally Posted by creighton
    I entered the code as follows:

*#*#xxxxxxxx# and then hit Dial.
    I know many people posted this, but I don't believe that's how it works. You should put your TMo SIM and enter your 8-digit code when asked. That is the way the subsidy unlock is supposed to work.
  4.    #4  
    Sorry if this is answered in the linked thread above but I am reading this on my phone and didn't find it. If I enter the unlock code when asked after inserting the TMo SIM, will the phone then be unlocked for any carrier's SIM's or will I have to enter the code again whenever I use another SIM? The only phone I have had to unlock before during my short history with Cingular was a Nokia 6230 which was about as easy at it gets. With that phone however I didn't have to put in the other SIM before entering the code. Anyone know why it would be different with the Treo?
    I don't know if it will ask you to enter the subsidy unlock each time you use a different carrier's SIM. I only tried TMobile; several SIMs worked.

I would keep that subsidy unlock code handy, just in case. But I believe that will unlock it for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    I don't know if it will ask you to enter the subsidy unlock each time you use a different carrier's SIM. I only tried TMobile; several SIMs worked.

I would keep that subsidy unlock code handy, just in case. But I believe that will unlock it for good.
    once the subsidy unlock has been applied, it won't ever ask for it again, regardless of whichever provider's sim your have inside the treo.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
  7.    #7  
    Thanks, I'll try it again tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    once the subsidy unlock has been applied, it won't ever ask for it again, regardless of whichever provider's sim your have inside the treo.
    If you use a different carrier's SIM when unlocking, I agree with you.

But this *#**xxxxxxxx#dial method is uncomfirmed. It did not work for me, and it did not work for the original poster, even though it gave him the false indication that his lock was removed.