Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I found TriLoan to be a pretty sweet tool. You can run four loans scenarios, save them, solve for numerous variables, amortize them and run them side by side.

It runs stable in OS5 and from the SD card (just leave the Prefs and DB3 files in RAM) .

I've written the author and asked him to update the code to default "double click" the Option button to leave the keyboard in "number" mode and to add 5 way nav button support.

All in all. It works for me. If there is a better tool out there I'd be interested in a review.
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    A simpler solution would be to get Abacus from dovesoftware.com. An EXCELLENT HP12C emulator that I've been using for years. No keyboard support, but it is the most-used add-on sw. I have
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mc2714
    A simpler solution would be to get Abacus from dovesoftware.com. An EXCELLENT HP12C emulator that I've been using for years. No keyboard support, but it is the most-used add-on sw. I have
    I checked out Abacus and it's a RPN Calculator that certainly takes some getting used to. The major difference is in the output on screen. I feel TriLoan smokes it in that department with easy to read side-by-side comparisions, amort schedules, etc and you don't have to learn RPN.

The biggest factor, of course, is that you save $2 by using TriLoan. (Just kidding) If you haven't tired TriLoan I'd encourage you to at least give it a shot. You may find it useful.
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    Just setup a simple Excel spreadsheet with calculations and use Docs to Go to analyze your loans/etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by jnjewlz
    I checked out Abacus and it's a RPN Calculator that certainly takes some getting used to. The major difference is in the output on screen. I feel TriLoan smokes it in that department with easy to read side-by-side comparisions, amort schedules, etc and you don't have to learn RPN.

The biggest factor, of course, is that you save $2 by using TriLoan. (Just kidding) If you haven't tired TriLoan I'd encourage you to at least give it a shot. You may find it useful.
    I've been using RPN calcs so long that I have trouble with a "regular" one...

I dont think these are head-to-head products. I need to be able to (occasionally) do NPV's, discounted cash flows, etc. For my business, Abacus is key-- I havent TOUCHED my "real" 12C in years.