Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    got this from spug.net

    My wife is on the third set today! Besides the Phone Off problem, she has got additional trouble - keys jammed and nothing happened until a forced soft reset.

    My second set since 24 Feb had one Phone Off when I was in a lift! Imagine that.

    Anyway whilst at C20 I did a ROM upgrade for my second set (my wife's new set already has the new ROM) and now shows:

    Firmware: 01.15
    Software: Treo650-1.06-ROW

    I understand that the update is supposed to resolve resetting issues and other reported problems.

    From my experience with the Treo since early Feb, the Auto Phone Off occurred randomly and may have something to do with network signal. Anyway, hope our new Treos don't have this problem anymore with the new ROM.
    i wonder what's new

    here's the post: http://www.spug.net/showpost.php?p=765291&postcount=11
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
  2. #2  
    interesting, definitely curious what's new.
    1 | 2
  3. #3  
    Bump -

    1) How do you check your ROM version?

    2) Where can I get the update? I was packing up my unlocked 650 to return it since it crashes a couple times a day. This might be a savior.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstroot
    Bump -

    1) How do you check your ROM version?

    2) Where can I get the update? I was packing up my unlocked 650 to return it since it crashes a couple times a day. This might be a savior.
    1. from phone app, menu I.

    2. no where yet.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  5. #5  
    ...and if it's crashing multiple times a day don't expect a ROM update to fix this. I have a completely stable 650 with firmware 1.14 , I would exchange it regardless if I were you dstroot, imo.
    1 | 2
  6. #6  
    Well.....as long as if it can solve the automatically phone off problem..it'll be a big help....
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    got this from spug.net



    i wonder what's new

    here's the post: http://www.spug.net/showpost.php?p=765291&postcount=11
    How did this person do a ROM upgrade. Mine is definitely resetting and falsely reporting no signal.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    ...I have a completely stable 650 with firmware 1.14.
    Well, I have the same firmware - unlocked GSM version from PalmOne. I'm using my old SIM from TMobile. Phone crashes at least once per day. What is your config?

    So many others have reported the problem as well that I expect if I sent it back and got a new phone the same thing would happen - also if there isn't a problem with the firmware then why would a newer ROM be out so soon?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstroot
    Well, I have the same firmware - unlocked GSM version from PalmOne. I'm using my old SIM from TMobile. Phone crashes at least once per day. What is your config?

    So many others have reported the problem as well that I expect if I sent it back and got a new phone the same thing would happen - also if there isn't a problem with the firmware then why would a newer ROM be out so soon?
    what constitutes an "old SIM from TMobile". I have similar problems as you. I have a SIM that I got in 2002 when I got my first Treo 180.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  10. #10  
    Change your SIM card .
    Mine works great.
    Not even a single reset so far .
    My T Mo SIM was only 5 months old
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    ...and if it's crashing multiple times a day don't expect a ROM update to fix this. I have a completely stable 650 with firmware 1.14 , I would exchange it regardless if I were you dstroot, imo.
    Not sure I understand the exact meaning of your post. Many a crashing issue have been fixed by ROM updates in past versions of POS. I am seriously expecting a ROM update to come from PalmOne or Sprint or both to fix many of the issues I am experiencing. Why would you think a ROM update would not fix crashing issues?

    If you mean that it won't prevent errant software from resetting the Treo or a bad unit hardwarewise, then sure, i understand and to a degree you are correct, but there is not a doubt that a ROM update can fix crashing on POS Treo's or for that matter any OS to include Symbian and/or PPC/Windows Mobile or whatever they are calling it today.

    Cheers
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    what constitutes an "old SIM from TMobile". I have similar problems as you. I have a SIM that I got in 2002 when I got my first Treo 180.
    My TMo SIM is about 16 months old.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    Not sure I understand the exact meaning of your post. Many a crashing issue have been fixed by ROM updates in past versions of POS. I am seriously expecting a ROM update to come from PalmOne or Sprint or both to fix many of the issues I am experiencing. Why would you think a ROM update would not fix crashing issues?

    If you mean that it won't prevent errant software from resetting the Treo or a bad unit hardwarewise, then sure, i understand and to a degree you are correct, but there is not a doubt that a ROM update can fix crashing on POS Treo's or for that matter any OS to include Symbian and/or PPC/Windows Mobile or whatever they are calling it today.

    Cheers

    I should of been a lot more clear...dstroot's 650 reseting multiple times per day sounded to me like it's defective.

    A ROM update should and very well could improve stability and reset issues, but it's just my opinion that if your 650 resets all the time, it's defective, and is in need of an exchange. I only stand by this statement because the 1st 650 I received reset whenever I tried to access blazer/data or if I was on the phone for longer then a few minutes. My replacement has been rock solid.
    1 | 2
  14. #14  
    As reading on the SPUG thread, looks like many singapore unlocked 650 users are going to their distributor to do the firmware upgrade (1.06) now....wonder if P1 will release the code for us to download and upgrade it...or I need to send it back for them to flash it...
  15. #15  
    mine's firmware: 01.04
    Cingular 650
    Is this old version?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    mine's firmware: 01.04
    Cingular 650
    Is this old version?
    We're only talking about the unlocked GSM version with singapore folks having FW 1.14 and software 1.06.

    Don't know about Cingular or Sprint..that's another issue between you and your carriers.

Posting Permissions